Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. ~Confucius

Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! !

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's for Lunch

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 28]

101 Re: What's for Lunch on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:35 pm

Making some homemade chili today...yummmmmy!!!!

View user profile

102 .... on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:26 pm

Hydekelso

Knight
Knight
DebtorBasher wrote:Making some homemade chili today...yummmmmy!!!!

with crackers?

View user profile

103 Re: What's for Lunch on Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:17 pm

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
That is some fantasticlly GOOD!

View user profile

104 Re: What's for Lunch on Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:27 pm

Your choice of crackers or Italian bread.

View user profile

105 Re: What's for Lunch on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:18 pm

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
Italian Bread!

View user profile

106 Re: What's for Lunch on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:19 pm

Italian bread goes good with a nice hot pot of beans...though, I wouldn't be able to invite Ejack on bean day! No way!!!

View user profile

107 Re: What's for Lunch on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:10 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
Sure you could! With a biohazard suit!

View user profile

108 Re: What's for Lunch on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:43 am

Today...for my Daddy's Birthday...I'm making him some homemade Irish Stew with beef, parsnips, turnips, carrots, potatoes, cabbage, onion and some fresh hot Italian bread...gotta big ol' pot on the stove, so all is welcomed!!!

View user profile

109 Re: What's for Lunch on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:57 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
*knocking at the door with bowl and birthday present in hand!*

View user profile

110 Re: What's for Lunch on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:20 am

Come on in!

Last edited by DebtorBasher on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because the original comment said, 'Come on it' and that just didn't sound very nice.)

View user profile

111 Re: What's for Lunch on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:40 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
Glad you edited it!

View user profile

112 Lunch with Larry the Lobster on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:14 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
As I was shopping yesterday, I noticed a bin full of happy, live lobsters under a sign proclaiming a one day, 'Lobster Event' sale. I happen to love fresh lobster and all the victims looked fresh and frisky. So, I picked one up, named him Larry, and had him nicely boxed (appropriate considering that the ride home was in fact this lobster's funeral procession). When I got home I discovered that my wife, who loves animals, apparently considers live crustaceans to be ugly, but somewhat lovable, too. She wanted me to return Larry. I explained that he could not be returned and that he was condemned to death in a scalding pot of seething water. Probably not the right choice of words, but it did prompt her to leave the house and go buy some clothes or something so I could cook in peace. Larry had just lost round one in his futile search for a reprieve. I then presented Larry to the cat (the lobsters claws were banded) to add some more entertainment to the afternoon. He'd never encountered an armoured critter like this and was, as cats tend to be, curious. The cat sniffed and Larry, sensing this day was going badly for him, flipped his tail and managed to swing his not entirely useless claw into the cat's nose. It was a valiant gesture and did get rid of the cat, but failed to impress me. Larry was putting up a fine and noble fight. However, I refused him a stay of execution. I lay him on a bed of ice, a concession to his spirited struggle, whilst the water on the stove began to burble merrily. As the steam rose, Larry managed one last flick of his antenna in what I imagine was the lobster equivalent of flipping the bird. As I plunged Larry into his bubbling death cauldron, I almost felt a twinge of guilt. It turns out that it wasn't guilt: I was simply getting hungry. Larry was delicious and made for an excellent lunch!

View user profile

113 Re: What's for Lunch on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:24 pm

But,but,but, it's the cat that is Evil...not Larry!

This sounded like something Churro would have written, I had to look again to see who wrote it.

View user profile

114 Re: What's for Lunch on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:14 pm

Justice74

The Hound of Basherville
The Hound of Basherville
I had some really interesting anecdotes and pearls of wisdom to share, but all this needless scrolling through endless pages, and from top to bottom, has exhausted this old beagle. If only the most recent comment were to pop-up first, then I wouldn't spend as much energy. Oh well, time for a nap. Good night folks Very Happy

View user profile

115 Re: What's for Lunch on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:43 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
Lobster makes a wonderful pre-nap snack! Good to see you back, Justice! DB, for an evil cat, ol' Spice is a bit of a wuss!

View user profile

116 Re: What's for Lunch on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:19 pm

Justice74 wrote:I had some really interesting anecdotes and pearls of wisdom to share, but all this needless scrolling through endless pages, and from top to bottom, has exhausted this old beagle. If only the most recent comment were to pop-up first, then I wouldn't spend as much energy. Oh well, time for a nap. Good night folks Very Happy

But...if the pages were like that...then you'd be reading the last comment first, then have to scroll to find out what that comment was replying to...If you click on the page number on the homepage...it will bring you directly to the current page without scrolling through 10 or 12 pages.

Now, roll over and let me rub your belly!

View user profile

117 Re: What's for Lunch on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:19 pm

Justice74 wrote:I had some really interesting anecdotes and pearls of wisdom to share, but all this needless scrolling through endless pages, and from top to bottom, has exhausted this old beagle. If only the most recent comment were to pop-up first, then I wouldn't spend as much energy. Oh well, time for a nap. Good night folks Very Happy

But...if the pages were like that...then you'd be reading the last comment first, then have to scroll to find out what that comment was replying to...If you click on the page number on the homepage...it will bring you directly to the current page without scrolling through 10 or 12 pages.

View user profile

118 Re: What's for Lunch on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:19 pm

View user profile

119 Re: What's for Lunch on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:19 pm

View user profile

120 Re: What's for Lunch on Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:20 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
I keep seeing you rub his belly over and over. Does his leg twitch when you do that?

View user profile

121 Re: What's for Lunch on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:43 am

Yes it does...and he has some drool running down the side of his mouth too.

View user profile

122 Re: What's for Lunch on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:28 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
Pavlov's dogs drooled, too!

View user profile

123 Re: What's for Lunch on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:13 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
What's for lunch today? Camel or goat. Decisions, decisions!

View user profile

124 Re: What's for Lunch on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:13 pm

Gotta get the fridge cleaned out for Thanksgiving...so, it's left overs today...chicken, mashed potatoes, noodles and cauliflower...there's some left over spaghetti, left over chili.

View user profile

125 Re: What's for Lunch on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:54 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
That sounds like some pretty good leftovers! Mind if I stop by to clean some windows?

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum