Banter w/ Basher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. ~Confucius

Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! !

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rants and Pet Peeves

+7
Anna Molly
Pizzathehut
dark_shadow
Huckleberry
2B84
DebtorBasher
onlooker
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 38]

801Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 33 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun May 24, 2015 7:30 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Having a good local mechanic is the way to go. I don't know what it costs to have a drain cleared because my local garage guy fixed it for free. He just used some wire to loosen the dirt and stuff and then gave it a quick blow out. It hasn't bothered me since. I suppose it depends on how badly it's clogged. I wouldn't think it'd be too much, though.

802Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 33 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun May 24, 2015 10:34 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

I read online where a guy said 'they' wanted to charge him two or three hundred dollars. He asked what they do for that money. He said, clear the tube, dry the floor mats and some other stuff. The guy said he can dry his own mats and whatever the other stuff was and asked how much would it cost just to clean the tube...'they' told him it would still cost the same. He went home and searched YouTube and did it himself in a few minutes.

803Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 33 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon May 25, 2015 7:07 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I did the mats and stuff myself, too. What the heck, the old car needed cleaning up anyway!

804Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 33 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon May 25, 2015 4:54 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Yeah, the back seat area of my car needed cleaned out too...so, I did that, now there's a place to sit AND put your feet without climbing on 'stuff'.

805Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 33 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu May 28, 2015 9:56 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I still have dog fur in the back of my car and the dog died in 2009!

806Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 33 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu May 28, 2015 3:03 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

I called the garage when they opened on Tuesday...she realized her mistake of making that appointment on their day off. She told me to bring it in first thing in the morning. I took it in yesterday morning, I got a free donut from her and they said some clip came off that held the tube in place and I guess the water built up and rand down whatever it ran down. Anyway, they fixed it $120.00.

Being that happy camper once again, I went out this morning to my car to check if it was drying out any. Well...when I went out, I noticed what I THOUGHT was a big smudge on my winshield. Thinking something may have been stuck under my wipers, I went to rub it off with my finger only to find it a big 'S' shaped crack right in the middle! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...there's no one I can blame that on. There doesn't seem to be anything to indicate something hit it, it's just a crack. AND because my computer crashed a few weeks ago, I didn't have my camera connected. I've had my camera watching over the parking lot because a neighbor said he thought someone was messing around his car. Of course, THAT's when this happened, when the camera was off!

Anyway, I called State Farm and they said I'm covered with no deductible. So, no cost to me...as long as they don't raise my insurance now. I'm just waiting on the auto glass company to call so I can make an appointment for them to come out and replace it.

807Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 33 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri May 29, 2015 7:08 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Now that is the worst of luck. I'm hoping you hit the lottery for some cash. You deserve it!

808Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 33 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat May 30, 2015 1:40 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

A bird pooped on my cracked window today...I think it's watching and waiting for the new one so it can Christian it. I found out today that my insurance won't be raised. They said it's rare for an insurance company to write up a policy like mine...with a no fault, no deductible for collision and comprehensive. So, they told me to get it while it's free because they don't do that very often. So...I'm doing it!

And yes, I also won on the lottery as well. I had a $20 winning instant lottery ticket...so, now I am a twenty-dollaraire!!!

809Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 33 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat May 30, 2015 7:33 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Good news about the insurance! $20 a start. Now go for a few thousand!

810Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 33 Empty Dixie no more... Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:33 pm

Justice74

Justice74
The Hound of Basherville
The Hound of Basherville

No more Confederate flag on the General Lee... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

811Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 33 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:27 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Now they want it removed from everything...and they want statues removed. What next? We won't be allowed to wear clothes made from 100% cotton because it might offend somone?  Geesh-O-Man! confused

812Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 33 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:02 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Must be a compromise out there someplace. Or maybe not.

813Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 33 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:33 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

I don't think it's a compromise...I think it's more like, giving in and bending backwards to kiss butt or have a riot.

814Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 33 Empty The truth hurts... Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:41 am

Justice74

Justice74
The Hound of Basherville
The Hound of Basherville

As sad as it is to say, America was founded upon racism, barbarianism, slavery, inequality, etc...White settlers forced their way onto land already occupied by Native Americans, and yet balk at the idea of illegal immigrants from Mexico moving into the United States. Kind of hypocritical don't you think? Then they brought slaves over to help with their tobacco crops and slavery continued to spread. Over the years Whitey killed thousands of innocent men, women, and children in different Native tribes. And they have the audacity to label Hitler, Hussein, Bin Laden, etc...as evil. Again, hypocritical if you ask me. Basically, our country was founded by a bunch of good ol' boys and their redneck mentality and it's time to make things right. And not just a little bit by letting minorities share equal rights, but also by removing all reminders of this hillbilly heritage. Racist team logos, statues, flags, etc...It's all over and integrated into society. It's time to clean up America and make it something we can ALL be proud of. cheers

815Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 33 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:02 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I agree with a lot of what you say, Justice.  However, you're using a broad brush to paint your picture.  For example, you forgot to mention that some of the early "whiteys" were indentured servants to other "whiteys".  Also, much of the racism that exists is related to economic disparity that effects US people (and others, of course) of all skin colours, creeds, religions, etc.  That being said, though, we in the US are a violent collection of groups, often with little patience when it comes to listening to the opinions of other (also US citizens) groups.  Thus far, though, we do have a ponderous system (really, the best so far, in my opinion) to attempt to process the demands and needs of our governed.  Imperfect and a work constantly in changing, hopefully for the better.  Democracy involves a lot of conflict and shouting by it's nature.  The trick is to have more listening and continuing to seek a common ground as opposed to finding and emabracing negative differences.

Or something along those lines.

We aren't even near the mythical utopian federation yet, but that doesn't mean it's not a good idea to seek it.

Last edited by AlainM3C on Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : my spelling and grammer is attrocious)

816Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 33 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:55 am

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

Justice74 wrote:As sad as it is to say, America was founded upon racism, barbarianism, slavery, inequality, etc...White settlers forced their way onto land already occupied by Native Americans, and yet balk at the idea of illegal immigrants from Mexico moving into the United States.  Kind of hypocritical don't you think?  Then they brought slaves over to help with their tobacco crops and slavery continued to spread.  Over the years Whitey killed thousands of innocent men, women, and children in different Native tribes.  And they have the audacity to label Hitler, Hussein, Bin Laden, etc...as evil.  Again, hypocritical if you ask me.  Basically, our country was founded by a bunch of good ol' boys and their redneck mentality and it's time to make things right.   And not just a little bit by letting minorities share equal rights, but also by removing all reminders of this hillbilly heritage.  Racist team logos, statues, flags, etc...It's all over and integrated into society.  It's time to clean up America and make it something we can ALL be proud of.  cheers

Reminds of an Eagles song called "The Last Resort". There was one phrase of the lyrics that really stuck out..."We satisfy our endless needs. Justify our bloody deeds...In the name of destiny. and in the name of god"

http://www.uberpeople.net

817Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 33 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:28 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

That's the truth about humans. The Eagles nailed it!

818Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 33 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:06 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Just a fun note for anyone considering visiting Pittsburgh. Don't do it unless you love sitting in traffic jams. Every weekend and most other days they are working on and shutting down major roads all over the area. Like the main road to the airport. Traffic delays are routinely running 90 minutes to over 3 hours. So no matter what the event in the city or what flight you're trying to catch, you'll be late. The train & bus stations here are pretty much traffic pains, too. No parking at all. So, your best bet for a good time: Visit someplace else.

819Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 33 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:52 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

My nephew lives in Monroeville and he's always complaining about the traffic in Spittsburg.

820Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 33 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:28 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

They plan on dropping an ancient, decaying bridge across the I376 Parkway East later this year and doing some detours. If your nephew comes into Pittsburgh using that main artery he'll find it quite annoying. My wife's normal 15 minutes to work is likely to become an hour.

821Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 33 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:41 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Someday I'd like to see if they can't limit elections to 4 months. If a canidate can't get their point across in 4 months, then they shouldn't be running for office. I'd also like to see the media quit trying to decide who will win what a year away from a vote.

Along similar lines, I'd like to win the lottery, but I don't think that'll happen.

822Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 33 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:47 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

AGREED!

823Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 33 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:48 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

On a happier note, there's some beef jerky company that has a series of ads called "messin' with Sasquatch". They're pretty funny. I think right about now, I'd vote for Sasquatch to be President.

824Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 33 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:28 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Yeah, because we know what happens if you mess with Sasquatch! affraid

825Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 33 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:34 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I'm picturing Sasquatch showing up at Congress to make them work. A couple of Seanators and Reps. flying out windows, Sasquatch giving a couple more swirlies in the Congressional toilet...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 38]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum