Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. ~Confucius

Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! !

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rants and Pet Peeves

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 35 of 38]

851 Re: Rants and Pet Peeves on Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:31 pm

Hydekelso

Knight
Knight
AlainM3C wrote:What does Adderall do, anyhow?  I've heard of it, but I don't know much about it.

Adderal is an amphetamine and is highly addicting.

View user profile

852 Re: Rants and Pet Peeves on Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:14 pm

Alain...Cat Island??? That's a great idea, take all these evil cats and send them off to an island somewhere far, far away!!!

View user profile

853 Re: Rants and Pet Peeves on Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:18 pm

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
I think real cats would hate the place. Kind of small, low lying, insect infested and surrounded by foul smelling Gulf of Mexico mud water.

View user profile

854 Re: Rants and Pet Peeves on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:46 pm

Hydekelso

Knight
Knight
It's been almost seven months since taking an adderal pill. I guess one of my pet peeves of being off of it is when I try to focus.

View user profile

855 Re: Rants and Pet Peeves on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:42 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
I looked that stuff up. It's a pretty high-powered medicine!

View user profile

856 Re: Rants and Pet Peeves on Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:37 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
Just got back from the store. It's raining hard and an SUV comes up behind me with no headlights on, zips around me and shoots into the parking lot and then a space, cutting off a car starting to turn into the same space. And there parking lot wasn't the least bit crowded. Out gets a young Mom yakking on a cell phone with 3 kids (who ran into the store well ahead of Mom, who was too busy yakking to keep track of them). Yep, she's so important that she just owns the road. Of course, Pennsylvania has a headlights law for bad weather and a cellphone law, but since it's a "secondary offense", the police never enforce it. Wonder if the kids will survive to see age 10.

View user profile

857 Re: Rants and Pet Peeves on Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:05 am

And of course if she got into an accident...it wouldn't be her fault, it would be everyone's around her.
Last week I was driving on a road...one lane each way, double yellow lined...and just coming up to an intersection with a red light...a car came speeding up behind me, passed me on the double yellow into the oncoming lane...I thought he was going to cut in front of me, but nooooo...he made a left turn from the oncoming lane with a RED LIGHT and kept going. affraid

View user profile

858 Re: Rants and Pet Peeves on Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:38 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
Maybe driving tests should also include aggression testing! (I don't know if they can do anything about people who are just plain stupid!)

View user profile

859 Re: Rants and Pet Peeves on Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:55 am

They can ban stupid people from getting a license...then, I'll have the road all to myself!!!

View user profile

860 Re: Rants and Pet Peeves on Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:47 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
You'll be safe from me! I think Tesla is going to give me a self-driving car!

View user profile

861 Re: Rants and Pet Peeves on Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:37 am

I think they still have to work on those a bit. I've heard about some accidents the self driving cars have been in.

View user profile

862 Re: Rants and Pet Peeves on Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:11 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
The self driving car does need a lot more work! However, if you think about it, self driving cars have been around for a while. You see them with a human in the driver's seat, yet the human is talking on a cell phone, shaving, putting on make up, or otherwise occupied with anything but driving the car. I even saw one (and this was some years ago) on I-95 outside of D.C. who had the newspaper spread out over the steering wheel. I guess he was driving with his knees?

View user profile

863 Re: Rants and Pet Peeves on Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:08 am

You might have a point there.

View user profile

864 Re: Rants and Pet Peeves on Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:20 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
Apparently Uber is testing driverless cars (with a driver, just in case) around here. It might actually be a good thing for the bar district on a Friday or Saturday night.

View user profile

865 Re: Rants and Pet Peeves on Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:06 am

But, wouldn't you have to be sober enough to program the car to let it know where you're going? They might end up in the Monongahela River!

View user profile

866 Re: Rants and Pet Peeves on Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:14 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
As long as the car floats for a little while and you're going downstream, that might get you home faster! If you need a rescue, you can stick your butt out the window and light beer farts for flares!

View user profile

867 Re: Rants and Pet Peeves on Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:50 am

Well...as long as they are not farting in Basherville...because as you know.............

View user profile

868 Re: Rants and Pet Peeves on Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:43 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
Is a perfectly comfortable and satistying biological function not permitted in Basherville? If so, how do we enforce it when the silent ones happen? Nobody ever fesses up to the silent ones!

View user profile

869 Re: Rants and Pet Peeves on Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:53 am

There is nothing comfortable and satisfying to those around the guilty one. Silent ones...Stripes will point them out. If anyone knows anything about 'stinkers', it's Stripes.

Last edited by DebtorBasher on Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

870 Re: Rants and Pet Peeves on Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:10 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
Stripes does know stinkers! He's gotten better about producing them, though, ever since I limited him to one six pack a day!

View user profile

871 Re: Rants and Pet Peeves on Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:11 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
Of course, he consumes his six pack outside town limits!

View user profile

872 Re: Rants and Pet Peeves on Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:15 am

AlainM3C wrote:Of course, he consumes his six pack outside town limits!

I was just gonna say.......

View user profile

873 Re: Rants and Pet Peeves on Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:04 pm

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
Stripes is more comfortable consuming his beer behind the dumpsters anyway!

View user profile

874 Re: Rants and Pet Peeves on Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:37 am

So, THAT'S where they got the term....Drunk as a Skunk...that explains this picture of Stripes.

View user profile

875 Re: Rants and Pet Peeves on Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:55 pm

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
Oh man, he got caught in one of those "drinking in the public view' raids! I told him to lay low and don't come out and say "hi"!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 38]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum