Banter w/ Basher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. ~Confucius

Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! !

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rants and Pet Peeves

+7
Anna Molly
Pizzathehut
dark_shadow
Huckleberry
2B84
DebtorBasher
onlooker
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 38]

451Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 19 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:48 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

A cast freaking iron skillet! Shoot makes the old leather belt I got seem tame!

452Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 19 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:58 am

Justice74

Justice74
The Hound of Basherville
The Hound of Basherville

Count yourself lucky...

453Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 19 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:36 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Sometimes, all it took was that 'look' from Mom.

Man-O-Man, I sure miss my Mommy!

454Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 19 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:51 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

My Mom just gave me the "Wait until your Father gets home..." My rant for today: Dang, they are charging one heck of a lot for decent candy (we only give out Halloween treats that we would-well actually do-eat ourselves). I sure hope the kids appreciate it!

455Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 19 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:40 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Pet Peeve...
First of all, it's bad enough that men wear the same sweatpants out to the stores that they slept in the night before...BUT...it's even worse when those men wear them to the store with skid marks ON THE OUTSIDE of them!!! I actually gagged out loud when he walked in front of me.

Skid marks....Man-O-Man, I sure miss Ejack!!!

456Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 19 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:43 pm

Justice74

Justice74
The Hound of Basherville
The Hound of Basherville

Don't ya' know that if you turn them inside-out, you get at least another week out of them.pale 

457Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 19 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:47 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

It's one thing if he was wearing them inside out (which is bad enough), but he wasn't. How the heck does those skid marks 'soak' their way through fleece pants? Never mind...DON'T tell me!

458Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 19 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:03 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Turning them inside out and they last longer? Excellent idea! Hey, it works (and no skid marks yet!)

459Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 19 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:36 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

No rant today! We had around 100+ trick or treaters last night (despite the rain) and just about every one of them was polite and said, "Thank you!" There are a lot of good parents and kids out there. I wish the media had been around to see it, but they probably wouldn't have shown it anyway. Good news doesn't sell in the newsy world.

460Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 19 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:17 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

That wind was pretty strong all night...I noticed Alain's tree swaying back and forth...well, at least I THINK that was because of the wind.

Last edited by DebtorBasher on Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total

461Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 19 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:00 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

It was the wind! Stripes and I were full of candy, so the wind just sort of rocked us to sleep!

462Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 19 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:59 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

LOL! Rock a bye baby on the tree top...
When the wind blows, Alain will rock..

463Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 19 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:17 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Jes swingin' in the hammock wit' a nice cold bottle o' brew and some macadamia nuts!

464Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 19 Empty hydekelso Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:03 pm

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

tailgaters

http://www.uberpeople.net

465Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 19 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:07 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

You're right, Hydekelso. Major jerks!

466Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 19 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:45 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

My health insurance people call me yesterday and ask me if I want a free "healthcare concierge" and/or "lifestyle coach". What the devil are those, I inquire. Well, a "healthcare concierge" makes doctors/dentist appointments for you, answer questions about who to see in case you have a wart, etc. And it's a free service! Look, if some joker is being paid to do this, it's not free. It's raising the cost of my damned insurance. And if you can't dail a telephone or make an online appointment with a bone-cracker yourself, then you've got problems that a regular MD can't fix for you. A "lifestyle coach"? Oh, they call you to tell you what you're doing wrong in you're life, like eating those bon-bons when you know full well you're diabetic and shouldn't do that. Or telling you to go down and see Iggy McMuscles at the gym (which has a contract with the insurance company) so he can tell you you're an overweight disgrace and should, along with some obvious things like walking on Iggy's treadmill, go see his pal Betty Boopers at the health food store and buy whatever pointless herbs (what the heck is wheatgrass, anyway?) that Betty tells you to. Betty, meanwhile, will call Iggy and give him a date on Friday to thank him for sending her another dope to buy green leafy junk from her. Seriously, health insurance company, just pay the darn bill for the annual physical and get rid of this "free" useless service crud that drives up my insurance bill and does nothing more than employ unskilled high school dropouts that could be doing something productive like sweeping streets. Ah, now I feel much better. Nothing like a good rant. And it's free!

467Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 19 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:29 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

So...did you sign up????

468Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 19 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:07 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Naw. I really have no complaint. They're covering both my physical this year and the colon picture show, so really I have nothing to gripe about. I wonder if the have a 'colon concierge-coach'? I might sign up for that!

469Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 19 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:40 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Old F may sign up for that one! LOL!

470Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 19 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:25 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I complained once about the procedure once. The Doc said that in the old days, they didn't use any knock out juice for these things. That shut me up pretty quick!

471Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 19 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:49 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Which end did it shut up? LOL!!!

472Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 19 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:38 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Both! Good stuff, whatever it was.

473Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 19 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:31 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Just when we thought that Toronto mayor Rob Ford had stolen the U.S.'s crown for political idiots, America fights back with Rep. Trey Radel of Florida who got himself a cocaine charge. Don't mess with us, Canada. When it comes to political loons, we're number 1!

474Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 19 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:33 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Agreed!

475Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 19 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:46 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Aw, Dang. Radel is taking a year off. That gives Ford and the Canadian's an edge. Come on, Congress. You can out looney those Canucks! Step up and prove your whackiness!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 38]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum