Banter w/ Basher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. ~Confucius

Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! !

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rants and Pet Peeves

+7
Anna Molly
Pizzathehut
dark_shadow
Huckleberry
2B84
DebtorBasher
onlooker
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 38]

26Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:40 pm

2B84

Basherville Jester
Basherville Jester

Tis better to be a pet peeve than to have a pet peeve. Ya know along the same line of thinking that's its far more enjoyable to be annoying than annoyed. Ah, just one of the many perks of the egocentric.

27Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty .... Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:41 pm

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

2B84 wrote:Tis better to be a pet peeve than to have a pet peeve. Ya know along the same line of thinking that's its far more enjoyable to be annoying than annoyed. Ah, just one of the many perks of the egocentric.

pirate agrees

http://www.uberpeople.net

28Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:03 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Ayn Rand agrees, too. She likes egocentric! Id's are for the birds.

29Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty .... Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:36 pm

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

gnats

30Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:56 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Groundhogs in the garden!

31Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty .... Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:53 am

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

groundhogs on the golfcourse, Judge Smyls agrees

32Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:52 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

LOL! I hope my groundhogs aren't professionals like those were!

33Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty .... Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:50 pm

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

running fingernails down a blackboard. (see robert shaws "quint" first scene in "Jaws")

34Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:41 am

onlooker

onlooker
Basherville Jester
Basherville Jester

that damn mosquito that only comes out as you drift off to sleep

35Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:25 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

That's why I like a cat that eats insects. Good source of protein and cheaper than Friskies!

36Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty .... Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:49 am

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

ketchup on a hotdog

37Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:44 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I've seen people put ketchup on hotdogs in New York. Mike Bloomberg's next crusade will take care of that!

38Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:25 am

Justice74

Justice74
The Hound of Basherville
The Hound of Basherville

I couldn't eat a hot dog without having ketchup.

39Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:27 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Mind you, Mr. Justice, I'm just suggestting this, but ketchup has sugar. That's bad. And I'm not going to allow any free ketchup to be given away in NYC. Also, if you come to my fine city and I catch you using ketchup, I'll be forced to suggest that we string you up in Central park and boil you in Bezzlenut oil. Trust me. It's for your own good.
With Best Regards,
Mikey Bloomberg
Mayor, Grand Pubba and Generalissimo of NYC

40Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:41 am

2B84

Basherville Jester
Basherville Jester

If I saw somebody putting ketchup on a hotdog I'd shoot them in the face.

41Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:31 pm

Justice74

Justice74
The Hound of Basherville
The Hound of Basherville

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

42Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:18 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Ketchup is ALL a good Kosher dog needs!

43Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:41 pm

2B84

Basherville Jester
Basherville Jester

DebtorBasher wrote:Ketchup is ALL a good Kosher dog needs!

Basher, did you know that Hebrew National's are not really kosher.

44Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty .... Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:02 pm

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

snitches/informants

45Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:35 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

2B84 wrote:
DebtorBasher wrote:Ketchup is ALL a good Kosher dog needs!

Basher, did you know that Hebrew National's are not really kosher.

2B84, did you know that I am not Jewish?

46Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:57 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I didn't know that Hebrew National weren't kosher. I'm still going to eat them, though. Probably with jalapeno mustard and sauerkraut.

47Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty Ketchup on a hotdog?! Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:07 pm

Huckleberry

Huckleberry
Basherville Jester
Basherville Jester

That's like putting sugar in your beer or hot sauce on your ice cream!

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

I went shopping for my Hebrew National Kosher dogs for the 4th of July...only to find the shelf empty where they should be. I figured, oh well they must have sold out...but for TWO weeks that shelf was empty everytime I went and checked. Finally, I asked the woman that worked there and she said they haven't had any because of a law suit against the company...she said she didn't know if they'd be getting them back in again. I didn't know what lawsuit she was talking about...until I had to check out my 2nd favorite JewBoy's comment below, when he told me Hebrew National wasn't really Kosher...Man-O-Man...that 2B84 sure is ontop of things....

(CNN) -- The largest kosher food brand in the United States, Hebrew National, known for its tagline "We Answer to a Higher Authority," is being sued in federal court for allegedly not meeting the kosher standards it famously advertises.

The lawsuit, which was first filed by 11 plaintiffs in May, alleges that the popular brand has been negligent and violated several consumer fraud laws when it failed to follow its own standards for kosher meat.

According to accusations made in the complaint, Hebrew National products are not being made from 100% kosher beef and the food processing plants used by the company fail to follow the procedures necessary to meet its kosher definition.

Hebrew National's "deceptive and wrongful conduct is designed to mislead and deceive consumer into purchasing its Hebrew National products, at premium prices, by labeling and marketing it as 100% kosher," the complaint states.

ConAgra Foods Inc., the parent company of Hebrew National and defendant in the case, denies the allegations.

"Hebrew National hotdogs are kosher, and this lawsuit is without merit," according to a written statement from Teresa A. Paulsen, vice president of communications and external relations for ConAgra Foods. "Hebrew National's kosher status is certified by a well-recognized and authorized third party. There is close rabbinical supervision of the food preparation process and packaging equipment."

The complaint stipulates that Hebrew National receives meat products from AER Services Inc., an Illinois-based company that provides kosher meat processing and inspection services. In addition, Hebrew National employs a third party, Triangle K and Associates, to act as a certifier, guaranteeing the kosher nature of all AER products received.

"The Triangle K symbol is a trademarked logo that signifies 'kashruth' (kosher) as defined by the most stringent Jews who follow Orthodox Jewish Law," the Hebrew National website states. "It's a symbol of integrity, representing the most trusted and reliable name in strict rabbinical food certification and supervision."

But according to the lawsuit, certain AER employees involved in the process have complained to supervisors at both AER and Triangle K that certain procedures were rendering the meat not kosher. The lawsuit alleges that despite warnings, little or nothing was done to fix the problem, "rather, the persons making the complaints were terminated or otherwise threatened with adverse retaliation, such as job transfers."

A statement from Triangle K described the accusations as "outrageously false and defamatory," claiming they had "been made by anonymous disgruntled individuals against Triangle K's strict rabbinical supervision of Hebrew National products."

Neither AER Services nor Triangle K and Associates is listed as a defendant in this lawsuit.

Attorneys for the plaintiffs are now pushing for the case to be granted class action status. Court documents indicate that ConAgra has until July 13 to respond to the class action complaint.

49Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:19 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

As long as the dogs taste good, I'm still sticking with the Hebrew Nationals. Lawyers don't know about good eats, anyway. Good God, Huck! Sugar in beer? Aren't there laws against that? Even frat-boys would pray to Ralph at the Porcelian Palace at that thought!

50Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 2 Empty .... Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:17 am

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

brussell sprouts

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 38]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum