Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. ~Confucius

Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! !

You are not connected. Please login or register

World Series

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 World Series on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:55 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
So now it's the Tigers and the Giants. Bets? Predictions? My feelings: I can't lose. I like SF since I once lived there. However, Detroit hasn't won a series in a while so it's sort of their turn and the city could use something cheerful. My wife's going for the Tiggers, so I guess I'll go for SF so we have something to bet on.

View user profile

2 .... on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Hydekelso

Knight
Knight
AlainM3C wrote:So now it's the Tigers and the Giants. Bets? Predictions? My feelings: I can't lose. I like SF since I once lived there. However, Detroit hasn't won a series in a while so it's sort of their turn and the city could use something cheerful. My wife's going for the Tiggers, so I guess I'll go for SF so we have something to bet on.

The Bears

View user profile

3 Re: World Series on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:30 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
I always root for The Bears.

View user profile

4 Re: World Series on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:59 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
2-0 for SF so far. I wouldn't count the Tiggers out yet, though. A homefield can make a big difference in a teams performance!

View user profile

5 .... on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:03 pm

Hydekelso

Knight
Knight
AlainM3C wrote:2-0 for SF so far. I wouldn't count the Tiggers out yet, though. A homefield can make a big difference in a teams performance!

the tiggers? lol winnie cant be far away

View user profile

6 Re: World Series on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:45 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
Jim Leyland's beginning to look a bit like Eeyore!

View user profile

7 Re: World Series on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:20 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
A sweep. And so it ends for the Tiggers. Pooh, Eeyore and Winnie are depressed. Detroit has little hope for the Lions and the Red Wings are on strike. There's word that saddened masses of Detroit sports fans are packing up the old GM truck and migrating up north, perhaps to Saginaw, where they will drink away their troubles on the shores of frozen Lake Huron.

View user profile

8 Re: World Series on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:24 am

cheers YaaY...it's over? WOO HOO!! I thought they still had one more game...now, if we can just get over the Basketball season...yeah, I know it hasn't started yet, but I'm looking forward to the end of it already...stupid basketball!

View user profile

9 Re: World Series on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:19 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
I'm not much for basketball (squeaky sneakers, back and forth), but I'm gonna miss hockey this year. That's all right, though, there's plenty of other stuff to watch on cable!

View user profile

10 Re: World Series on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:02 pm

What's up with no hockey this year? Are they on strike or something? Spittsburg without hockey is unheard of!!!

View user profile

11 Re: World Series on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:31 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
They're having a labour dispute. Not enough money for the players and the players want a bigger cut of the profits from merchandise sales, I think. I expect they'll solve it before the end of the football season, so as long as there is a weekly sports party with a keg, we'll survive!!

View user profile

12 Re: World Series on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:50 pm

Hydekelso

Knight
Knight
I think it's going to be the Yankees this year!

View user profile

13 Re: World Series on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:40 am

Think alllllllllllll you want!

View user profile

14 Re: World Series on Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:48 pm

Hydekelso

Knight
Knight
Now now little Debbie.

View user profile

15 Re: World Series on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:35 am

AlainM3C

Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff
I'm going to root for the Cubs. I like their uniforms. And I think I will also go for the White Sox. Just because they keep trying and hoping...

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum