Banter w/ Basher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. ~Confucius

Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! !

You are not connected. Please login or register

The pickle discussion.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The pickle discussion. Empty The pickle discussion. Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:48 pm

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

$.10 for 1 pickle!
By Sharon - 08/18/2009
HARRISBURG, PENNSYLVANIA -- I ordered 2 McDoubles off the dollar menu - 1 with no pickles, 1 with extra. Not only did they charge me $.10 for the extra pickles, there was only one! Of course, they did not deduct $.10 for the no pickles order. When I questioned the manager, she "didn't know" why they charge for pickles. Wow, what great customer service.

Helpful?YESNO RepliesRead 96 RepliesAdd reply
User Replies:
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
Wow...how do you justify that? All the sandwich maker had to do was not put pickles on one sandwich and add more to the other. =/ Thumbs down to Mickey D's this time!
Pepper on 08/18/2009:
or just move the pickle over afterwards
unless there's a deathly reaction to pickles in the mix
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
Wow, talk about nickel and diming it. Hmmmmm... *shrugs*
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
You can always get all the tarterbiz you could ever want from Mickey D's.
Slimjim on 08/18/2009:
Agreed. Evidently tartar sauce, at any volume you can handle (and then some), is included at no extra cost.
Slimjim on 08/18/2009:
Pepper makes a good point. Instead of special ordering two sammies and risking double the errors, a pickle transfer would seem to make sense.
BokiBean on 08/18/2009:
That's really not bad customer service, but instead is the way they charge for things. If you don't like that, just perform the pickle switcheroo...it would be easier than typing the complaint.
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
That's easy for you to say Boki you weren't out the dime for the extra pickle.
i_am_canadian on 08/18/2009:
Or failing that, you can pick up the pieces of this pickle predicament and move on with your life.
BokiBean on 08/18/2009:
I gets my money's worth. I always eat the pickles off the dogs' singles...
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
That's easy for you to say i_am_canadian it wasn't your dime.
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
I don't agree with having to do any pickle transferring lol. Not only is there a risk to allergic reactions, but customer service within every industry has gone so downhill the last decade that it has become the norm. There's no reason the order taker couldn't have rung the order up normally, then advise the sandwich maker to put the pickles from one of the sandwiches on the other. I work customer service, so I know how ridiculous some peoples' expectations can be, but this could have been a simple task performed to maintain a satisfied customer.
Sorry I just had to use an alliterated sentence like that, Laughing.
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
Just adding my3cents Very Happy
BokiBean on 08/18/2009:
I don't mind if the employee does the pickle transfer..but they're going to charge for the extra pickle. It could be that you're paying for expertise.. =/
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
Sucks that you had to pay the dime to get the pickle (and I believe McD's shouldn't have charged) but in the grand scheme of things I don't know that I would let it ruffle my feathers this badly. There are bigger things in a day to contend with.
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
That's easy for you to say John it wasn't your dime.
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
Stew, don't patronize me. I've never belittled your comments. I am entitled to my opinon, as it is written and I am standing by it. If it was my dime I would know to cancel the order or not to order the extra condiment this time or in the future then I would move on.
Pepper on 08/18/2009:
CJC - that's why I added in the part "unless there's a deathly reaction"

but for my scenario the customer would be doing the switching
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
John, We're all entitled to our opinions and our opinions about others opinions and our opinions of their opinions about our opinions about their opinions. I wasn't trying to patronize you or belittle your comment or anything else of the such. I was merely making a point albeit in my own subtle and usually misunderstood way. That's just the way I am though and I can only be me and I like being me and I will never apologize for being me.

PS

That's easy for you to say PepperElf it wasn't your dime.
livealive on 08/18/2009:
lol it is unfair but I wouldn't waste my time trying to fight about a pickle....for 0.10 I don't think they will take much action for 0.10 $
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
livalive, You know what I'm thinking so I'm not even going there.
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
That's easy for you to say livealive it wasn't your dime
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
Bing!
Pepper on 08/18/2009:
Crosby!
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
Stills and Nash! (sometimes Young)
jktshff1 on 08/18/2009:
OK pepper & stew, ya'll are showin' your age. LOL!
Starlord on 08/18/2009:
I don't believe this would have been covered under the Trenton Pickle Ordinance.
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
If you don't order the way it regularly comes you're going to run into problems. Sorry that's just how it is.
BokiBean on 08/18/2009:
LOL Starlord!

BTW folks don't forget the Picklepalooza this Saturday, all day, sweet and sour for everyone and bring the kids.
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
Ew pickles.
I'll give you mine, Boki.
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
Well Stewart, I see you are sashaying around this pickle debate spreading that charm that only another Oklahoman could put up with.
Here is my take on this "beef" about a pickle slice (or the lack of). If you want a burger your way then feel free to prepare it at your home and if you want a burger with no pickle then you can DEPICKLE it yourself like most normal people do. The OP probably ticked off the sandwich artist with this tomfoolery and got even with him/her. Times are tough even at Micky D's.
MG, this happened in Pennsylvannia. At least no one was killed, booed or crowned with a Grey Goose bottle!
BokiBean on 08/18/2009:
OMG BKK..no pickles whatsoever? I'll try anything pickled and mostly like it..pickled okra is one of my favorites.

And OK is okay..the whiners are tryin' to do it in. I stayed there for 3 months one year and had a blast!
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
Hey Boki, I pickled some green tomatoes last week.
My "HOMEBURGER" has to have at least 5 pickles on it.
Ever had pickled or Sushi Ginger? Good stuff!
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
Chex, let the fry cook feel special! *joking*
BokiBean on 08/18/2009:
I have pickled AND crystal ginger both at the house right now. I freakin' love that stuff! Its best with sushi, but sometimes, late night..I just crave a piece (of sushi ginger haha).

You put up pickles?????!!!! You da man! I love that about you..I'm coming over.
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
Boki: I'm a picky eater. No pickles... not sweet or sour. Ew, ew, ew. :-)
BokiBean on 08/18/2009:
zz, I'll bet you like kimchi too...I just love it, but my friend calls it "pickled garbage".

Well don't hold the pickles, BKK, I'll eat em.. Very Happy
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
I ran across some red jalapenos at a farmer's market and they are "atomic!" I put a slice or two in with my regular jar of pickles and the ginger and it gave them a good kick!! I eat them as a snack, too.
Hey, to me ANYTHING pickled is good from carrots to cauliflower to HERRING!
BokiBean on 08/18/2009:
Yeah! Its fantastic..lol
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
I have had Kimchi before but it has been awhile. Fermented Cabbage, right? Isn't it like the southern condiment called Chi-Chi?
BKat, I can't stand the bread and butter pickles either. What a waste of a cucumber.
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
zzrokk, Why must you always invalidate my offerings? Why every time I turn the other cheek you put your size 5 and 1/2 foot up my @ss. Well, that I'm not really complaining too much about but I still don't understand why you must always tear my little wings off just when I'm starting to leave the ground. Why ZZ. WHY???
Pepper on 08/18/2009:
actually that is a good point
no burger joint can make a burger taste better than what I can make at home.

I like wango tango sauce on mine sometimes.

and I use those "sandwich thins" for the bun
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
Wango tango? I never buy buns. Bread works for me.
Stewart! *shaking my head*
BokiBean on 08/18/2009:
ooo I love bread and butter pickles..and watermelon pickles (a huge favorite).

Kimchi is Korean, from what I've had explained to me..and it does smell to high heaven, but to me, cabbage pretty much always does.

zz, I am not sure what chi chi is..ya got me.
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
I am pretty sure they are the same thing basically.
Watermelon pickles?
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
I wonder what McDonald's would charge for an extra watermelon pickle.
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
I wonder what OnCue would charge for extra relish?
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
There is no charge for the relish at OnCue. It's in a self serve dispensing machine that applies it to your tubular food or anything else you can hoist under the relish dispenser.
Ytropious on 08/18/2009:
This reminds me of an incident while I was in line at Mcdonalds the other day. A guy came in and asked for a cup of water, and was charged 10 cents because they don't give courtesy cups anymore at that location. The guy was angry because "his hands are dirty" and he'd gladly just cup his hands and drink if he could. He could have just gone into the bathroom and washed them. The entire thing was odd but I bet a lot of people get a "water cup" and fill them with soda.
No, and why should they? The Tim Horton's I worked in didn't give away free cups either.
Ytropious on 08/18/2009:
When I worked in a place that sold food and people asked for water, we had clear cups to give them to make sure they were at least drinking water....or sprite.
D. on 08/18/2009:
I didn't read through all the comments, but the next time, just order both with pickles and take it off the one and put it on the other...then you'll have just what you ordered, one with extra pickle and one without...
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
I like you chex_mix. You 'Get It'.
D. on 08/18/2009:
OK...I see everyone above me agrees with me...that's always a good sign.

Hey...for those who commented about being charged the ten cents for the extra pickle, they wouldn't charge again if she orders two with the pickle and took if from on to the other, because then she wouldn't have to order 'extra'...no extra equals no extra charge.
madconsumer on 08/18/2009:
isn't fermented cabbage called sauerkraut??

"Hey, to me ANYTHING pickled is good from carrots to cauliflower to HERRING!""

does this include me?? I am pickled most of the time ......
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
That's easy for you to say Basher it's not your dime.
all over a simple dime?? .10 cents .....
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
"I am pickled most of the time" -- Are you bragging or advertising?

PS

That's easy for you to say Madconsumer it's not your dime.
D. on 08/18/2009:
Stew....my point IS she wouldn't have to ORDER OR PAY for extra pickle if she did it the Basher's way...Right? Of course I am! Besides, those pickle slices are even thinner than a dime.
jktshff1 on 08/18/2009:
chex, that's the smell while it's "getting prepared".
really good kimchi is hard to come by.
D. on 08/18/2009:
I bet C2O never has this problem with his ten cent pickle!
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
Why Mad, I am appalled and shocked by your lack of compassion for the OP. The only thing scarier than biting into a sandwich with one or no pickle is biting into a ....Well you know the rest. In the future please refrain from dissing the OP's rant for we are only here to help people and not to trivialize their daily plight to not get ripped off by one of these billion dollar food chains.
Regardless if it is the lack of highchairs or the overabundance of "fish sauce...."

*dripping with sarcasm*
for crying out loud stew, I will send you a dollar to cover all the people who said "it is only a dime".

if a dime is going to make a difference to someone, they have zero business buying fast food!!!!!!!!!!

after all, 2 quid buys a lot of dry noodle soups.
alright double Z, do I need to add you to my dollar list??

*sticking out tongue at double Z*
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
Mad, you have a valid point about the dime or lack of one at a FF joint.
Now in Stewart's case this hits home for another reason.
When he is a dime short, the LQ downgrades his beer order from a Fat Tire to a PBR! How would you like that?
good ole pabst blue ribbon!! beer from the 70's ....
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
$1.19 for a 24oz can out my way.
jktshff1 on 08/18/2009:
yep mad that and Colt 45!!!
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
Chex, surely you jest?!
Manuel on 08/18/2009:
I once worked for a company that used a video to demonstrate the power of the little things in customer service. I am not lying when I say it was called "Just Give 'em the Pickle"! Needless to say, it applies to this situation in the literal sense! Wow!
Seriously, go to Giveemthepickle.com !
BokiBean on 08/18/2009:
You know Chuh, you bring up a good point. All this over a little pickle..but it is little things that just get right under people's skin.
BokiBean on 08/18/2009:
Yes zz, watermelon pickles..made from the rind of a watermelon. Lots of alspice and sweet..just yummy!
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
Chex, you had me running for the potty just thinking about that combo.
Boki, that has potential! I still haven't tried the sweet pickles made with Kool-Aid.
See you all at the house. Quittin' time.
Sharon on 08/18/2009:
Wow, I had no idea so many comments would come from my venting. It wasn't the dime, it was the principal. I always order "no pickles" for my daughter; however, this time, her friend was with us and she wanted "extra" pickles. Had I known I would be charged, I certainly would have opted for a "pickle switcheroo". The big issue here is being "nickel and dimed". I recently lunched Pizza Hut/KFC with some co-workers, 2 in our group had water and were charged! It is getting ridicules.
Pepper on 08/18/2009:
for water? what did the bill say?
the only time they can charge you for water I thought, was if you had bottled water

unless the group was over 6, in which case there might be a mandatory tip but...
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
In AZ, it's illegal to refuse patrons water. I've never been charged extra for water out here. If anyplace tried, I'd be hella pissed. It's 113 here today and I had to walk a mile to pick my nephew up from school.
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
Man little, you must have been sweating your pretty face off.Smile
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
Yeah, my brother took my car today so I had no choice. My poor nephew kept saying his brain was on fire
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
Scared to say she was sweating her @ss off wally? lmao!
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
It was an extra workout. I already walked a mile and a half this morning on the treadmill.
Pepper on 08/18/2009:
I think they can only charge you for water if you have bottled water
regular tap water is free
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
Back in the day, I had to walk a mile everyday to school I hated it so much.
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
I walked to school every day in high school too.....course I lived in San Diego so it wasn't that bad
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
Now when I have to go out in the sun, I put a wet towel over my neck, and bring plenty of water.
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
I forgot to bring water, but there was a yard that had their sprinklers on, so I let my nephew run through them to cool off a bit.
Sharon on 08/18/2009:
Nope, it wasn't bottled water, it was tap! I quizzed the cashier and was told that is their policy.
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
How much were they charged for tap water?
Pepper on 08/18/2009:
maybe it's cos PA's not really a state, it's a commonwealth...

but now I'm curious if that's even legal for PA
Sharon on 08/18/2009:
Not sure how much they were charged 1>
MizzConway on 08/18/2009:
Must be a franchise store, I have worked for McDonalds for 13 years (a corporate store) and we never charged for extra pickles or charged for water unless it was a bottled water
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
The McDonalds near me does not charge for water cups, I don’t know about pickles. But I know they charge for extra cheese and other toppings.
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
LOL, stopped back by this thread to see it over 100 comments. Not bad for a review about a ten cent pickle problem.
Amazing how the most seemingly petty things can generate such interest and debate.
Anonymous on 08/18/2009:
Alley, just think, it could be worse, something along the line of a tarter disaster.
BokiBean on 08/18/2009:
shannon, glad to see you cam back to see what you wrought. Wink
Close commentsAdd reply

http://www.uberpeople.net

2The pickle discussion. Empty Re: The pickle discussion. Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:51 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

That's easy for you to say. LOL!

Where was I for that one?

3The pickle discussion. Empty Re: The pickle discussion. Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:27 pm

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

All of this over a 10cent pickle.

http://www.uberpeople.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum