Banter w/ Basher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. ~Confucius

Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! !

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! !

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Empty Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Wed May 01, 2013 10:46 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Get your fancy hats and pick your favorite horse for the 139th running of the
Kentucky Derby this weekend!!!!

Of course the odds will change by the time the race starts.

Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! 428505_10152776336945720_889395296_n

2Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Thu May 02, 2013 5:36 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

*dusting off my black cowboy hat with the silver buckle*
I like Orb, Palace Malice and Frac Daddy...

You're going for Charming Kitten, I presume?

3Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Thu May 02, 2013 2:59 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

There's no such thing as a 'Charming Kitten'...I thought you'd go with 'Fear The Kitten'.

4Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Fri May 03, 2013 5:16 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Fear the Charming Kitten because it will grow up to be an evil, grumpy cat!

5Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Fri May 03, 2013 11:45 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

ALL kittens grow to be Evil and grumpy!!!

6Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Fri May 03, 2013 7:49 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I'm going with Orb [1], Palace Malice [2] and Charming Kitten [3]. My wife's going with Orb, Golden Soul and Falling Sky.

Last edited by AlainM3C on Fri May 03, 2013 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot her horses!)

7Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Sat May 04, 2013 6:44 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Time for the annual party on the neighbor's back porch (where he has a nice, large TV) to enjoy the Derby and Mint Juleps!

8Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Sat May 04, 2013 12:15 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

I'll have to check the odds as it gets closer to post time...see if there are any scratches.

9Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Sun May 05, 2013 4:42 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Son-of-a-gun, my wife and I both picked Orb and he won. We never have picked the winning horse together! Too bad we weren't there to place a bet!

10Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Sun May 05, 2013 11:21 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

AlainM3C wrote:Son-of-a-gun, my wife and I both picked Orb and he won. We never have picked the winning horse together! Too bad we weren't there to place a bet!

That's what Bookies are for!!!

11Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Mon May 06, 2013 6:37 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I know! And if I could find one that I don't owe money to, I'd place a bet!

12Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Mon May 06, 2013 3:44 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Maybe you should become one.

13Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Tue May 07, 2013 5:43 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I looked in the classified, at Monster, even on the bulletin board at the soup kitchen--no 'help wanted' for bookies!

14Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Tue May 07, 2013 11:22 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Dang computers! They even put the Bookies out of business!!!
Alain, would you like to be Basherville's official bookie?

15Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Wed May 08, 2013 5:40 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Yes! I've always wanted to help the less fortunate achieve their dreams! And if that isn't possible, I may as well take their money and go after MY dreams!

16Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Wed May 08, 2013 3:42 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

That's the spirit, Alain!!!

17Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Thu May 09, 2013 4:45 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Got any prospective marks...I mean 'clients', that I can help out?

18Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Empty Kentucky Derby 2015 Sat May 02, 2015 12:06 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Post.. Horse........................ Jockey..........Odds

2 Ocho Ocho Ocho..........Trujillo..........25-1
3 Carpe Diem................Velazquez......17-2
4 Materiality..................Castellano.....16-1
5 Tencendur.................. Franco..........50-1
6 Danzig Moon...............Leparoux.......33-1
7 Mubtaahij................... Soumillion.....12-1
8 Dortmund.................. Garcia..........15-1
9 Bolo..........................Bejarano.......40-1
10 Firing Line..................Stevens........16-1
11 International Star........Mena............25-1
12 Itsaknockout...............Luis Saez......33-1
13 Keen Ice....................Desormeaux..40-1
14 Frosted......................Rosario.........16-1
15 War Story..................Talamo.........50-1
16 Mr. Z........................Vazquez........50-1
17 American Pharoah.......Espinoza.......13-5
18 Upstart......................Ortiz............22-1
19 Far Right....................Smith..........40-1
20 Frammento.................Bravo..........50-1

19Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Sat May 02, 2015 6:18 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Horsey time! I need to get to the liquor store to get some fine whiskey for mint juleps. Wild Turkey 101 should do the trick. Then it's time to pick some winners. Or not. That's the point of the whiskey...

20Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Sat May 02, 2015 1:39 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I'm going with American Pharoah #1, Bolo #2 and Ocho Ocho Ocho #3

21Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Sat May 02, 2015 11:29 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce You 're a winner! You're a winner!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

22Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Sun May 03, 2015 6:20 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

My wife and I both chose Pharoah to win. First time we've both picked a winner! That was a fun race. I know the reason I won is because I didn't bet on it. If I had, I would have jinxed the whole thing!

23Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Sun May 03, 2015 8:23 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Awww come on! You and you wife both picked a winner when ya both said, 'I do'...right? Right? Of course I'm right because I'm the Basher with a capital 'B' ! ! !

24Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Mon May 04, 2015 6:58 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Well, yes, you are absolutely right. I lucked out when I said, "I do!" Of course, it would have been tough to change my mind since we were 13 miles away from any land at the time. I'm still not quite sure where we were married, but I do know the Bahamas were the closest country. Officially, though, it was Bermuda that married us.

25Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Fri May 06, 2016 6:18 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

I will take Exaggerator to win, Majesto to place and Destin to show!!! Giddy-Up!!!

Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Kderby10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum