Banter w/ Basher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. ~Confucius

Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! !

You are not connected. Please login or register

My3cents Nostalgia.. The famous "french fries discussion"

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Pizzathehut

Pizzathehut
Basherville Cat Catcher
Basherville Cat Catcher

The classic "French frie" discussion on my3cents.

Posted by Suusan B. on 2008-04-15
French fries are salted when they first come out of the fryer as that's when it will stick. If someone is concerned about eating healthy food they shouldn't be at McDonald's in the first place let alone ordering french fries.

Posted by Sparticus on 2008-04-15
I hate that they put so much salt on them. I think they should offer both salted and unsalted. McDonalds is bad for you, but at least they could try to offer some slightly less-bad options.

Posted by Ghost of Doc J on 2008-04-15
I understand the poster's concern. However, the majority of consumers want salted fries and are willing to risk the adverse health effects of the salt. I agree with Sparticus, that the stores should offer unsalted fries as well. If they are not sold in a brief amount of time, they can be mixed in with the salted fries. However, I do not support the poster's implied demand that ALL fries be unsalted and that the majority of consumers be required to add salt. As SuusanB notes, the salt sticks better when the fries come out of the fryer.

Posted by MRM on 2008-04-15
I like my fries salted, anyone else?

Posted by Ponie on 200 8-04-15
No, no, no! Don't offer them s alted and unsalted. Whenever I order fries at McD's I always tell them I want them unsalted--then take about 3 packs of salt. If you order them unsalted, they have to make them when you order them. You can always be sure of getting a fresh order of fries. Who wants the ones that have been under the heat lamp for who knows how long?

Posted by DebtorBasher on 2008-04-15
I love salt on my fries...but I agree with the poster...it's easier to add salt then take it off...LOL...I don't see a problem with them asking, "Would you like salt with your fries" ... and give us salt packets or they can salt it before they give it to us.

Posted by Ponie on 2008-04-15
P.S. I'm tired of people telling me what's 'good' for me in the line of food. Few years back eggs were verboten because of 'causing' high cholesterol. The latest? At least three eggs a week! Go figure...

Absolutely Ponie!!! I agree 100%. Let the 'safety nannies' mind their own business. What if I 'demand' that 'my' fries be prepared in a special 'healthy' oil? Or any other number of 'healthy' requests. I approached this problem purely as a matter of satisfying the consumer. The health risks belong to the person eating the fries.

Posted by Ponie on 2008-04-15
Right, Ghost. If I want to stop at Dairy Queen twice a day for a Blizzard, that's my business. When I get to be the size of a small barn, I have myself to blame. And I don't want to be told I'm costing the country 'X' number of dollars if my health deteriorates. The only one I'd be 'costing' would be me. If I die of a massive heart attack, THAT would cost the nation some $$ because I wouldn't be around any longer to pay taxes.

Posted by MarshPeep on 2008-04-15
You can order fries unsalted now. What's the point?

LOL Ponie. I had a pot-bellied friend in Texas who went to store to buy a case of his favorite beer. A 'do-good' health-nut snidely commented, "That beer isn't good for your health." "Right", he acknowledged, "and neither is annoying a short-tempered, liquor-deprived alcoholic...so stop it." He said the pencil-necked nanny scurried away looking over her shoulder. I would pay to have seen it.

Posted by heaven17 on 2008-04-15
As a healthcare professional, I would think that you'd be steering people away from fried foods altogether, not to mention eating at McDonald's in general.
Why aren't you railing against the fat, grease, sugar, etc.?

Posted by bargod on 2008-04-15
While your at it maybe you can have them pick the sesame seeds of your bun as well.

Actually, my mother-in-law cannot have seeds. She will order a burger with 2 bun bottoms. So, I guess I they do handle the no-seed request too.

Posted by bargod on 2008-04-15
Really? lol I was only kidding, but thats just good service.

After all, don't we all 'deserve a break today'? So get up and get away.

Posted by Principissa on 2008-04-15
If you're that concerned about your health, why eat at McDonald's. I like salt on my fries. And if my health suffers because of it, well that's my fault. A person should be able to eat whatever they want in moderation. I too worked in healthcare, and even seeing the health problems caused by unhealthy foods will not deter me from the occasional sundae or salty order of fries. It's called moderation.

Posted by heaven17 on 2008-04-15
Marshpeep, I wonder who gets the two bun tops?!
Actually, that sounds pretty good.

heaven17, I've wondered that myself. They have never once denied her request or given her a difficult time, which I think is commendable.

Posted by Lidman on 2008-04-15
If the salt has lost it's flavor then why eat it?

Posted by Lidman on 2008-04-15
Best answer of the day goes to:

MarshPeep (04/15/2008)
After all, don't we all 'deserve a break today'? So get up and get away.

I can only add "so get up and RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!"

Posted by shells_dell on 2008-04-15
Why would anyone in their right mind eat McDonalds frenchfries? Try this, leave a box of McDonalds frenchfries
on the counter, say.. for 6 months, other than looking a little wrinkled, they look great... YUCK.. ever wonder what these fries are made from?

Posted by WaxRash on 2008-04-15
I just choked down some Mcdeathburger fries, and they were not salty at all.I guess it depends on the person manning the fry station.

Posted by bigboxworker on 2008-04-15
as a health professional u should not be eating mcdonalds.

Posted by Mrs. V on 2008-04-15
And 'how' would you know what McDonalds fries look like after 6 months, Shells @_@

Posted by tnchuck100 on 2008-04-15
Reach down in the crack between the seat and the backrest of your recliner. If you have kids there must be at least a 50% chance of retrieving a 6+ month old McDonald's french fry.

Posted by DebtorBasher on 2008-04-15
Wendy's and Penn Station have the best fries.
Chuckie...I always find fries when I lift up the little console thingy between the driver and passenger seat of my car...that seems to be the Fry Trap.

Posted by steve101 on 2008-04-16
Some studies have indicated that a low salt diet may actually be harmful to ones health.

Posted by Marlin336M on 2008-05-06
I am mad when I get fries with no salt, With salt is how they are served, If you do not want salt ask for some with no salt. The majority of us who eat at Mcdonalds couldn't care less about your salt intake, and if we don't want salt we can handle the situation we don't need assistance with getting fries with no salt, But thanks for caring. You should probably not be eating at Mcdonalds if you have these concerns. And who decided that we all have to live healthy and long anyway! I want to eat what I want. We all go to a Better place when we die right!!

Posted by MizzConway on 2008-07-10
You can always ask for fries with no salt, it is not a problem

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Takes me back to the days when I could eat salty fries and greasy burgers and not gain any weight! That was about 45 years ago, I think.

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

Is a cheeseburger without cheese still a cheeseburger?

http://www.uberpeople.net

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

AlainM3C wrote:Takes me back to the days when I could eat salty fries and greasy burgers and not gain any weight!  That was about 45 years ago, I think.

I miss those days.

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Hydekelso wrote:Is a cheeseburger without cheese still a cheeseburger?

Is a hamburger with cheese, still a hamburger?

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I would have to eat several of both to find out! With salty fries....And a large vanilla shake...

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

It would taste interesting. I just saw a name on there I recognized. Suusan B. I couldn't stand her.

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I wonder where those folks hang out now? I haven't heard from Old Fart in ages. He must be getting up in age.

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Yeah...I haven't heard from him in a long time.

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

I originally joined my3cents in late April of 2008. It was just coincidence that Stew had taken a little break around that time. Lidman left m3c a week before I joined. I remember pirate asked me if I was Lidman and superbowl kept insisting I was Stew. I was neither. Only the Basher knew that.

So I will list all the screen name I can recall using on m3cents.

xxBicceyxx
xxLarryDavidxx
MrGeorge
Chrissysnow
TeddyKgb
Cynthia01
AshleyFurnitureRules
ConsumerSavvyUSA
TacoBellhell
SirBigLou

Probably I had the most success with the Ashleyf/consuUSA nics. Only the Basher even knew of my original screen name.

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

The Basher knows all...The Basher is always right!

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Knows all?? Do you work for the National Security Agency? Now I'm worried! Whatever you know, I didn't do it!

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

I think Stew had the most nics of all time on m3c. I cancelled out most of my nics to get out of the "full mod" status. I hated seeing cryptic message after trying to post a comment (You comment is under review).

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

AlainM3C wrote:Knows all??  Do you work for the National Security Agency?  Now I'm worried!  Whatever you know, I didn't do it!

I plead the 5th...I said, 'plead' it...not 'drink' it!

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Hydekelso wrote:I think Stew had the most nics of all time on m3c.  I cancelled out most of my nics to get out of the "full mod" status. I hated seeing cryptic message after trying to post a comment (You comment is under review).

Then you should have behaved yourself! lol!

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

No one reviewed my comments. They were so boring, nobody even looked at them! If I had a FaceShnook or Twit account, I'd have 0 followers!

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Well, that's not entirely true. I had a stray cat follow me home once. That would count as a Follower. I passed gas and it ran away. Haven't seen it since!

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Just so you remember...there's NO passing of gas in Basherville! You'll have to go to EjackTown to do that.

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Aw, ya can't outlaw chili! Just pass out free gas pills or sell them cheap in bathroom dispensers. You could put them next to the machine that sells 50 cent cond...nevermind...

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Bean-O!

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Whoever invented that stuff should get a Nobel Prize!

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

I don't do 'that', so I never had any use for it. Does it work?

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

It does well on everything except "Nuclear" farts!

Pizzathehut

Pizzathehut
Basherville Cat Catcher
Basherville Cat Catcher

I forgot what I was going to post!

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

You're doing better than I am. I forgot to put my pants on this morning when I went out to feed the cat. Fortunately, the neighbors are used to it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum