Banter w/ Basher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. ~Confucius

Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! !

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rants and Pet Peeves

+7
Anna Molly
Pizzathehut
dark_shadow
Huckleberry
2B84
DebtorBasher
onlooker
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32 ... 38  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 38]

626Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 26 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:54 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I don't know if that scratch remover in a bottle works or not. The car wash we have nearby is one of those brushless things, but on our cars, I don't know if we'd notice a scratch or not.

627Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 26 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:05 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

I was checking it out online lastnight. It has really good reviews by customers and has 5 stars...well, it says they are reviews by customers. I'll be checking it out more before I buy.

628Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 26 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:31 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

If you get some and it does work, let me know!

629Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 26 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:19 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Well, I bought it at Walgreen's yesterday...same price as online but I didn't have to pay any shipping. Now...all I have to do is use it. Works or not, I will write a review on M3C...I'll take before and after pics. M3C just added the option for multiple pics to be posted on reviews.

630Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 26 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:16 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I haven't stopped in at M3C in ages. I'll give it a look at some point today and see what's new.

631Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 26 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:53 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Their whole format has changed.

632Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 26 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:08 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

It's nothing like it used to be. I don't think the people over at Complaints Board even bother to snipe at M3C anymore. I preferred the old M3C, but things change!

633Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 26 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:22 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

I agree and I told Admin the old reviews on the front page is going to turn people away...thinking there's been no activity on the site. I've also noticed a lot of the comments being posted, are for those old reviews from 2010 and such...but....it's not up to me. I'd want the newest reviews to show up first. We'll see how it goes, they've been making a lot of changes.

634Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 26 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:31 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I'm with you. There's not much point in looking at a review from, say, 2010, when you want information relevant to 2014.

635Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 26 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu May 01, 2014 6:44 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I wonder why, in a driving rain storm, some people can't do a basic thing like turn on their headlights. Do they even have drivers education courses anymore?

636Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 26 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu May 01, 2014 10:19 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

I think a lot of schools dropped Driver's Ed. When I was in high school, I got an 'A' on my report card for Driver's Ed and I never even took Driver's Ed. When I went to report it to my counselor, I told him there was a mistake on my report card because I got an A in Driver's Ed. He said, 'Well, you got an A, so what's the problem?" I told him, 'Because I never took Driver's Ed' ... LOL!

637Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 26 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat May 03, 2014 5:47 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I was 15 when I got my lerners permit. At that time (in the distant past), you had to show proof of completion of a private or public drivers ed, both classroom and behind the wheel, before you could get a full drivers license. Guess it's gotten too expensive to be considered important anymore?

638Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 26 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat May 03, 2014 1:27 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Some drivers I've seen shouldn't even be trusted with a Big Wheel or Peddle Car!

639Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 26 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun May 04, 2014 6:23 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

One of our entertainment pleasures is watching when the Saturday Mass lets out at the local church. You get a mixture of old folks who don't look around much and go slow about everything and younger ones whose only apparent desire is to vacate the area as fast as possible. We call it 'The Rodeo'. Most of the time they miss each other. We watch until the chaos ends and then walk home!

640Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 26 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun May 04, 2014 10:59 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

LOL...that's funny!

641Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 26 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon May 05, 2014 6:36 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

It's a lot of fun, as long a you stay up the hill away from the sidewalk. Some of these folks pick up their friends/family in their wheelchairs or with canes in front of the church. To make it more convenient (I guess) they drive up on the sidewalk apparently to get as close to the victim, I mean passenger to be picked up, as possible. We've actually seen a wheelchair person roll backwards to avoid being tapped. It's really amazing how fast they can roll when they need to!

642Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 26 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue May 06, 2014 10:15 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Want some more fun?  Find two people in wheelchairs. Then, you and your wife hook up a remote under each of the wheelchairs when no one is looking. Then sit up on the hill with the controls and play 'chicken'...Hehehehehe...you didn't hear that from me!

643Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 26 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed May 07, 2014 6:14 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

LOL! Not a bad idea! There are a couple of them up there that really can't stand each other, so maybe rig up a cage and let them settle their differences in the ring. Use the remote if the families want to get involved in the action. The priests can do some side bets and make a little money for the church, too! You should be a professional fund raiser!

644Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 26 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed May 07, 2014 12:08 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

I guess that's the Italian in my coming out!

645Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 26 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu May 08, 2014 6:03 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Good cooking and money management skills. An excellent combination!

646Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 26 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed May 21, 2014 6:19 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Jehovahs. They show up while I'm mowing the front lawn and want to wait until I finish so they can convert me or something. Look, I said I was busy. You're nice, harmless and sincere people. But you're being really obnoxious when you do that! Leave the pamphlet and have a happy day.

647Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 26 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed May 21, 2014 10:13 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Next time, tell them....'this work would get done much faster if you help out' then give one the mower another a rake and tell them you'll be right back and take off for the rest of the day while they do all of your yard work. I bet they don't come back again! USE YOUR NOGGIN!!!!

648Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 26 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu May 22, 2014 6:18 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

An excellent idea! They're probably more physically fit than I am anyway since they spend most of their waking hours walking around knocking on doors!

649Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 26 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu May 22, 2014 10:18 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

What would you do without me????

650Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 26 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri May 23, 2014 7:28 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Let's face it: Guys (no matter the age) need gals around to keep them functional. If we didn't get nudged now and again, we'd drink beer, eat chili, pass gas and sleep most of the time!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 38]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum