Banter w/ Basher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. ~Confucius

Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! !

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! !

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Sat May 07, 2016 7:04 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Derby Day! I'll post our picks when my wife gets up! Time to call the bookie....Oh wait, I owe her money from last year. Maybe best not to call...

27Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Sat May 07, 2016 10:54 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Yeah, I've heard those cement shoes are a bit tight...but, you won't feel it for very long.

28Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Sat May 07, 2016 12:29 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Oh, lawdy, not cement galoshes!! I just hate cement galoshes!!

29Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Sat May 07, 2016 12:35 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Our picks:
ME- #1 Exaggerator, #2 Nyquist, #3 Gun Runner
WIFE- #1 Nyquist, #2 Whitmore, #3 Creator

Our bet is I take her out to dinner after shopping at Macy's if she wins in any category.
If I win (must be exact), she will buy me a coffee at Starbucks and I still take her out to dinner and shopping at Macy's.
You may as well join us, DB. I just cleared the Visa bill so it's ready for another month of abuse! Come to think of it, the Macy's card is at zero $, too, but not for long, I'm guessing.

30Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Sun May 08, 2016 9:20 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Your wife was SOOOO close and if So Close only counts in horseshoes....then I think we can say she's a winner....Right? Although you had the winning horse, she had all three finishers.
Did you see the race they showed before the Derby? Two horses went down and one of them was #13. Did you see the number of the horse that won the Derby? Yeah, it was #13.

Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! - Page 2 Derbyr10

31Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Mon May 09, 2016 7:11 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I did not notice that #13 thing! If I am ever going to learn how to bet, I should pay attention to things like this. Ya know, though, I kind of figured that I was going to lose that bet with my wife. In fact, it may even have been intentional. One of those sub-concsious deals? It was a great race to watch, anyway, and truth be told, I just enjoyed seeing it on the couch with her and hooting like maniacs at the finish!

And for added fun, I was only drinking ginger ale, but don't tell anyone 'cause that would ruin my bad reputation!

32Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Tue May 10, 2016 9:50 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Ok, if anyone asks....I'll tell 'em you were enjoying several Mint Juleps during the race!

33Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Tue May 10, 2016 11:31 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Just bourbon, please! Mint Juleps are so sweet they make me gag! I'd rather have a McD's milkshake with grain alcohol!

34Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Tue May 10, 2016 11:32 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Come to think of it, me and my young, delinquent pals did have one of those spiked milkshakes many years ago and it darn near made us gag, too!

35Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Wed May 11, 2016 9:31 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Their shakes are very sweet. I like their Eggnog shakes they have around Christmas. I've never cared for their Shamrock shakes.

36Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Thu May 12, 2016 5:26 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

What's in a shamrock shake??

37Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Thu May 12, 2016 9:40 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

The Shamrock shake is a green mint flavored milkshake they sell around St. Patrick's Day. I rarely buy their milkshakes anymore since they put all the whipped cream on top. I guess I can tell them I don't want it, but I liked them better in the old McDonald's paper cups instead of these plastic ones they use now. They should go back to the paper cups anyway because the plastic ones just end up in land fill forever.
Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! - Page 2 Shamro10

38Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Fri May 13, 2016 6:58 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

You're right about the plastic versus paper cups. Paper worked just fine and it won't be around to mess up the environment a century from now (or longer) like plastic will!

39Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Sat May 14, 2016 9:33 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

That's the reason they stopped using those Styrofoam containers for their burgers and went back to the cardboard.

40Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Mon May 16, 2016 6:58 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I would think cardboard would be cheaper, too. It works just as well for a container whether it is for burgers or drinks.

41Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Thu May 04, 2017 8:22 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

It's that time again!  Kentucky Derby Weekend! Giddy-Up!

Below are the entries and their morning line odds.

1 Lookin At Lee 20-1
2 Thunder Snow (IRE) 20-1
3 Fast and Accurate 50-1
4 Untrapped 30-1
5 Always Dreaming 5-1
6 State of Honor 30-1
7 Girvin 15-1
8 Hence 15-1
9 Irap 20-1
10 Gunnevera 15-1
11 Battle of Midway 30-1
12 Sonneteer 50-1
13 J Boys Echo 20-1
14 Classic Empire 4-1
15 McCraken 5-1
16 Tapwrit 20-1
17 Irish War Cry 6-1
18 Gormley 15-1
19 Practical Joke 20-1
20 Patch 30-1
21-AE Royal Mo 20-1
22-AE Master Plan 50-1

I have to go with Thunder Snow!  That is one beeeeeeeeautiful horse! He has massive leg muscles! I'm not ashamed to say...I'm in love with him!

Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! - Page 2 Thunde10

42Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Fri May 05, 2017 6:27 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Numbers 1, 7, & 21 look good!

43Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Sat May 06, 2017 1:10 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

1) Always Dreaming
2) Patch
3) Practical Joke

44Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Sat May 06, 2017 1:14 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Honorable Mentions:
Mr. Ed & Francis the Talking Mule (can be looked up under old movies for the youngsters that never heard of him!)

45Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Mon May 15, 2017 8:20 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

AlainM3C wrote:Honorable Mentions:
Mr. Ed & Francis the Talking Mule (can be looked up under old movies for the youngsters that never heard of him!)

LOL...I still watch Mr. Ed in the mornings. Uh..I mean...I'm watching Mr. Ed for the first time every, in the mornings.

46Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kentucky Derby Weekend ! ! ! Tue May 16, 2017 4:38 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Oh, Carol, you are such a sweetheart! Francis and I love you, too! -Ed

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum