Banter w/ Basher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. ~Confucius

Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! !

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cleveland Finally Wins A World Championship!!!

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Cleveland has another champion (not world, maybe, but working on it). The Indians just clinched their division!

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

YES.....they did! Now, let's see what happens.

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Looks like the Cubs are the ones to beat, but they are National league and Cleveland is American (I think), so they wouldn't meet unless it's in the Series.

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

The title belongs to us...it's ours...we're gonna take it!

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

You can usually count on the Cubs and the Nationals to choke. I don't know much about the other teams.

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Well, thus far, the Cubs haven't choked. So it's Cubs and Indians. Should be interesting!

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

And of course, Lebron has to get his face in it. PRETENDING to support the Indians...I haven't forgotten him wearing the Yankees hat and talking about what a big Yankee fan he is.

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Don't let that upset you. The Indians have to be very good to make it to the series. LeBron doesn't know much about baseball (not that I do). I'm guessing it will be the hitting of the Cubs versus the defense of the Indians. Pitchers going against hitters. Either way, it beats the heck out of the usaul TV!

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Looks like the Indians are off to a good start!

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

See...Lebron was at the game and the Indians lost! It's all his fault I tell ya! He needs to get back to the basketball court, he's not the King in the WINdians playground!

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Now that the game is in Chicago, LeBron won't be there. Will that help the Indians?

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I don't know if Lebron was at the game or not, but Cleveland liked Wrigley Field enough for a 1 - 0 win!

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

No Lebron wasn't there last night, the Cavs had a game...and the Indians won. He needs to keep his big sweaty face out of their business!

At what age does basketball players start to retire and become cheerleaders anyway? I'm think Lebron is just about at that age.

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

With what he's making he can retire yesterday and be set for life. Looks like the Cubs are choking and Cleveland is going to get a World Series!

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Deep down, I'm kinda hoping the Cubs win today, only so that the Indians can win the series here at home...actually, now that I think about it...maybe not. Because here at home, the only people who will be at the game are those with the big $$$$ and not the everyday fan that is there for them throughout. And when they play in Chicago, they open up Progressive Field (which I STILL call Jacobs Field), for five bucks per person, they can watch the game right there on the big screen with all the other fans. They have been selling out the seats...over 20,000 for the average fans to enjoy the atmosphere.  So, I take back what I said the first time...yeah...let's see the Indians win it in Chicago today! cheers

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

You're right about the big $ it takes to get a seat at the Series. The best way to watch it is at at home where the popcorn is fresh and the drinks are cold! Looks like the Cubs aren't going to give up without a fight! I suppose I'm sort of obliged to go for Chicago since I once lived there and my parents were brought up there. Really, though, it's just nice to have a couple of teams in there that haven't been to the Series in a long, long time!

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Either team that wins it...deserves it...but...Cleveland deserves it more because The Basher says so.

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

If you weren't supporting Cleveland, I'd faint at my keyboard!

(and then my wife would come in and think I had too much beer even though I'm only drinking diet ginger ale tonight!)

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Lebron was there last night and made us lose. He really needs to go back across the street to the Q where he belongs and leave the Indians alone...we don't need that Yankee fan interfering with our Indians!

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I don't know how the game will go. It will be a hitting contest, though!

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

That was one of the closest Series I've ever seen. 7 games and it came down to one run!

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Yes, it was! Then there was the rain delay on top of it all! Congrats to the Cubs...well deserved.

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

And now, on to football!

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

On to what???? What is football??? We don't know what that is here in Cleveland, you'll have to remind us.

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Yeah, the Browns are having a really, really bad year. Still, I'd like to see them beat the Cowboys!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum