Banter w/ Basher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. ~Confucius

Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! !

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go Hawkeyes!!!!

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Go Hawkeyes!!!! Empty Go Hawkeyes!!!! Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:55 pm

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

Iowa is going to kick N. Iowa's caboose this Saturday, and then their arch rival, Iowa State, next weekend. Stew agrees!!!

http://www.uberpeople.net

2Go Hawkeyes!!!! Empty Re: Go Hawkeyes!!!! Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:41 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Are they playing UNI in Cedar Falls or at home in Iowa City? Doesn't really matter, the Hawkeyes will win! They should be able to handle the Cyclones, too.

3Go Hawkeyes!!!! Empty Iowa City Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:12 pm

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

AlainM3C wrote:Are they playing UNI in Cedar Falls or at home in Iowa City?  Doesn't really matter, the Hawkeyes will win!  They should be able to handle the Cyclones, too.

Iowa City.. Kinnick Stadium

4Go Hawkeyes!!!! Empty Re: Go Hawkeyes!!!! Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:49 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I haven't read any of the college football previews yet. How do the Hawkeyes look for this season?

5Go Hawkeyes!!!! Empty Re: Go Hawkeyes!!!! Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:10 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Well, it was a win for Iowa. Not a big one, but still a win!

6Go Hawkeyes!!!! Empty Re: Go Hawkeyes!!!! Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:56 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Iowa barely made it past Ball State. They're still 2-0, though. Ohio State met their match with Va Tech. That pleases me!

7Go Hawkeyes!!!! Empty Go Hawkeyes!!!! Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:31 pm

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

Though I'm a bit disappointed with their loss to Iowa State, business wise it was great money driving the cab around.

8Go Hawkeyes!!!! Empty Re: Go Hawkeyes!!!! Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:39 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Are you in Iowa City, Hydekelso?

9Go Hawkeyes!!!! Empty hydekelso Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:03 pm

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

AlainM3C wrote:Are you in Iowa City, Hydekelso?

Actually I work in Iowa City, but live in Kalona. (About 20 miles south of IC).

It's a far cry from living on the east coast.

10Go Hawkeyes!!!! Empty Re: Go Hawkeyes!!!! Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:28 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I have a friend who lives near Kalona. I lived in Mount Vernon from '75 to '80. I still keep up with some of my old friends in IC, Coralville, CR, Mt. Vernon, etc. I haven't been out that way in a few years. It is a lot different from the East Coast. A little bit slower and a friendly area, too. We used to stop down to the U of Iowa for some fun parties now and again. There was a restaurant in IC, I think it was called the Power Plant or something like that where I used to take dates when I had the money. It was a converted electric station on the Iowa River. Is that still there?

11Go Hawkeyes!!!! Empty Re: Go Hawkeyes!!!! Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:55 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Hey!  We had a Power House I think it was also used as a Resturant/Club place here in the Flats that used to be an old Electric power station for electric streetcars.
Thanks for bringing this up, because I just checked it out online and found that they now have our Aquarium in it! I knew they were talking about our new Aquarium but I never realized that was where it was. I actually thought it was near the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum.

http://greaterclevelandaquarium.com/the-history-of-the-firstenergy-powerhouse/

12Go Hawkeyes!!!! Empty Re: Go Hawkeyes!!!! Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:23 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

The restaurant in Iowa City was called the Iowa River Power Company (we just called it the power company back when I was there). It's similar to the Cleveland Power House in it's origins. I guess you could do a lot with big buildings like that and buy them cheap, too. That aquarium looks like fun! Maybe I can get up there for 'Talk Like a Pirate Day'!

13Go Hawkeyes!!!! Empty Re: Go Hawkeyes!!!! Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:47 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

I wonder how Pirates celebrate that day?

14Go Hawkeyes!!!! Empty Re: Go Hawkeyes!!!! Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:43 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

They talk like British History college professors?

15Go Hawkeyes!!!! Empty Re: Go Hawkeyes!!!! Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:37 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Good to see Iowa beat Pitt! Won a dollar bet on that one from my sister-in-law who works for Pitt!

16Go Hawkeyes!!!! Empty .... Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:28 pm

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

AlainM3C wrote:The restaurant in Iowa City was called the Iowa River Power Company (we just called it the power company back when I was there).  It's similar to the Cleveland Power House in it's origins.  I guess you could do a lot with big buildings like that and buy them cheap, too.  That aquarium looks like fun!  Maybe I can get up there for 'Talk Like a Pirate Day'!

I remember last year the first time I had to pick some people up at "Power Plant", I didn't realize it was a restaurant. That is one of the many dining places on the 1st Avenue strip of Coralville. It's hard to believe the speed limit is only 25 mph, since there's four lanes. It's a paradise for ticket-happy cops.

Down-town Iowa City has more bars then any other city in the state. It was also ranked as the #1 party town in the USA. According to a recent college student poll.

For all we know, Stew could be amongst all the students.

Last edited by Hydekelso on Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

17Go Hawkeyes!!!! Empty ... Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:34 pm

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

AlainM3C wrote:Good to see Iowa beat Pitt!  Won a dollar bet on that one from my sister-in-law who works for Pitt!

Yup that was awesome. I don't know if the fans of Iowa will ever be content with them. Who cares what the scores are, as long as they win.

It seems like when they're away, business downtown is much slower.

18Go Hawkeyes!!!! Empty Re: Go Hawkeyes!!!! Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:15 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

You're right-A win is what counts whether by a few points or a bunch! I seem to remember if an away game was within a reasonable driving distance, a lot of people would be sure and go to it or even take a bus there.

19Go Hawkeyes!!!! Empty Re: Go Hawkeyes!!!! Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:20 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

It wouldn't surprise me to see Stew having a good meal and sparking fun at the bars in Iowa City. There's some good eats and drinks in that town! I almost got a ticket in that area. Fortunately, the cop was a guy I'd gone to school with and he let me go with a warning.

20Go Hawkeyes!!!! Empty Re: Go Hawkeyes!!!! Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:26 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Iowa over Purdue 24-10. 4-1, so if they can win 3 more they'll at least get into some sort of bowl.

21Go Hawkeyes!!!! Empty Re: Go Hawkeyes!!!! Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:22 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

The Dog Bowl? The Toilet Bowl? The Cereal Bowl? The Soup Bowl?

22Go Hawkeyes!!!! Empty Re: Go Hawkeyes!!!! Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:12 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Answer: All of the above. It's hard NOT to get into a college bowl these days. More amusement (especially for folks who live in Ohio) The U of Akron beat U of Pittsburgh 21-10. Which means the Panthers (Pitt mascot) was whumped by Zippy, the Kangaroo (U of Akron mascot). Yep, Pitt got thumped by the "Zips"!

23Go Hawkeyes!!!! Empty Re: Go Hawkeyes!!!! Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:45 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

24Go Hawkeyes!!!! Empty Re: Go Hawkeyes!!!! Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:08 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

And for the further amusement of certain Cleveland fans, the Pirates got walloped by the SF Giants 8-0. Myself, I don't care too much about it since I have relatives in San Francisco. I even rooted for SF when I was but a wee tyke in California and Willie Mays was still playing!

25Go Hawkeyes!!!! Empty hydekelso Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:51 am

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

The Hawkeyes really kicked butt against NorthWestern.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum