Banter w/ Basher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. ~Confucius

Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! !

You are not connected. Please login or register

The mods gave me a weeks vacation from uber people dot net

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

Hey everyone!

Probably one of the reasons I don't post nearly as much as I used to on here is besides work of course, (definitely not facebook) but my involvement in the uberpeopleforum. Actually it's not just for uber drivers.
Anyways to get to the point, I tried to sign on today and got that pop up I'm ever so familiar with saying "you've banned for a week". They didn't state the violation, but with the variety of topics discussed on there, it could have been about anything. Perhaps it had something to do with telling a popular forum member to "shove it". lol

anyways hope all is well in basherville. It's nice to know I have other places like this to post. Facebook doesn't count.

http://www.uberpeople.net

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Ahem! That's Basherville with a capital 'B' !!!

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Ahem!  That's Basherville with a capital 'B' !!!
Don't make me ban you !!!

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

If this place wasn't relaxed, I wouldn't be here! Always fun to stick my opinion where nobody likes it!

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

After hearing Uber being advertised on the radio...I'm thinking I'm not gonna want to use them.

In their commercial they said, 'Anyone' can drive for them and make money. All they need to do is download the app and when they feel like driving, just click the app on.

That's it?  I don't think so!

Last edited by DebtorBasher on Sat May 30, 2015 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I don't woory about it here in Pittsburgh. Yellow Cab doesn't always show up and Uber & Lyft don't operate in our area. So if you don't have a car, best to take a bus.

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

well I found out what I got banned for.. someone posted a thread about a teacher in Germany get suspended for doing the hitler salute, and I replied you mean the sieg heil....

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

DebtorBasher wrote:Ahem!  That's Basherville with a capital 'B' !!!
Don't make me ban you !!!

I thought it was just Basher with a capital B. The ville as well?

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Guess they got their panties in a bunch over it.

I didn't know about the capital V, either. Nobody tells me anything! (which is probably just as well since I can't remember anything from one day to the next).

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

It's everything that is Basher!

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

So is the proper spelling BasherVille, Basherville or Basher's Coup de Ville?

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

It is Basherville...the v has not earned it's way yet.

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

That's what it gets for being at the end of the alphabet!

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

Well to keep you updated, it looks as though there has been a big staff turnover on that uber site, and those new admins, don't like anyone criticizing uber. So I guess it was time to move on.

Here's what some of us were greeted with:

Your participation in the majority of threads is adding no value to the topics at hand. I am getting a lot of reports and feedback in this regard. Notably from senior members of this forum.

To put it bluntly: Okay you don't like uber, fine! Post here all you want, but at least make an attempt to post stuff that's useful, informative, on topic etc! Not just your useless garbage cliches all day long.

We want drivers to be exposed to the truths of Ubers dealings, their math, etc. But your babbling detracts from that, it detracts from anything productive going on here. It scares away those that could otherwise be informed. It won't be tolerated any longer.

If you wanna stay here, show some initiative & creativity. Share your experience and opinion with explanation not redundancy. If things don't change we will have to take other action.

I hope you take this message not as authority, but in the interest of the community. Let's make our time here worthwhile, for us and for everyone else.

Thanks you.

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

LOL....That sounds like what some of the M3C members would say if they were an admin.

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

I wonder what became of "neveragainamazon".

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Once m3c dropped the forums I guess people began posting elsewhere.

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

She's probably triple ordering books then complaining about it.

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I triple ordered some Irish beer once. I never complained about it, though!

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

That's why you don't go by the name of, 'NeverAgainIrishBeer'.

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

You're right! And these days I don't have to order it since my local store has over 120 different varieties of brew, both foreign and domestic!

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Billy Beer!

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I used to have an old six of that junk in the basement. Threw it out. I wish I'd have kept it. I could have sold it on 'Pawn Stars' for at least $3.50!

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

I saw that on there. I used to watch Pawn Stars every week...but now, I just wanna smack them for thinking they're fooling us into thinking those 'acts' they put on are for real. They really need some acting lessons. And when they offer a price too low and tells the customer, 'Well, it's going to take up space on our shelf'...well YEAH it is! You knew that when you went into that business. Why should the customer care what space it takes up in your shop? Why should they take a loss? That's when I wanna smack them!

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I don't think they've made any secret of the fact they and the 'customers' are acting (poor acting, but it is a low budget show). You're right, though, they need some new lines. We don't watch them at their scheduled time anymore. We usually use them for times when everything else on the tube is intolerable. Then we go to the Xfinity On Demand function and watch the Pawn Stars we haven't seen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum