Banter w/ Basher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. ~Confucius

Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! !

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rants and Pet Peeves

+7
Anna Molly
Pizzathehut
dark_shadow
Huckleberry
2B84
DebtorBasher
onlooker
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30 ... 38  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 38]

526Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 22 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:56 pm

Justice74

Justice74
The Hound of Basherville
The Hound of Basherville

No snow in New Mexico since around Christmas time. It's been awfully cold though. Crazy fires in California and snow in the Midwest and East coast. No matter how many high rise buildings we create, or how far into space we send mankind, or how smart we think we've become technologically...every once in awhile, old Mother Nature shakes her mighty fist to set us in our place.

527Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 22 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:12 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

That's true, Justice! Maybe it's a good reminder that we humans aren't such big shots after all!

528Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 22 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:21 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Am I the ONLY person enjoying this weather??????

529Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 22 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:49 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

The cold isn't too bad, but negative numbers is chilly!

530Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 22 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:26 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Well, rats. That despicable little bundle of fat and fur, Punxsutawney Phil, has just mandated another six weeks of winter. It's time to get Granny (from The Beverly Hillbillies) recipe for Gopher stew and turn that buck-toothed rodent into tender chunks of protien in a savory sauce! His fur would make a nice hat, too!

531Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 22 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:26 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Am I the only one happy to hear this???

Last edited by DebtorBasher on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

532Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 22 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:02 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Probably! I don't mind the cold so much, but I'm getting tired of the snow and ice.

533Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 22 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:44 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

I'm gonna fill my freezer up with snow so I can enjoy it in July.

534Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 22 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:59 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I have to be careful about snowballs in the freezer. I found one when I was a kid and when it thawed, it turned out to be a pet hamster that I'd meant to bury (after the ground unfroze) the previous year!

535Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 22 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:58 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

A Hampstercicle!

536Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 22 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:48 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Fun facts: Female hamsters will sometimes kill and eat the male after mating?

537Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 22 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:35 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Are you telling me, or asking me?

538Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 22 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:24 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Um, actually I'm not sure...I never saw one do it...but there was one hamster that disappeared and I thought is was the cat. And the other one had babies later.

539Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 22 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:56 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I would hate to have been stuck on the interstate yesterday and trying to call AAA for help. I tried to call their emergency number 3 times just to get one of the cars towed out of the garage to the shop and got disconnected 3 times. Fortunately the local AAA office patched me through to their local tow service and once that was done it only took an hour for them to get the car the half mile to the shop. I'd hate to be down south in the ice, 'cause those folks won't be getting any help for hours if they can even get anyone.

540Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 22 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:09 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Yeah...they take those who need help on the road before those who are stuck at home...which makes sense. Don't you have towing service on your auto insurance...or is AAA all you have? My Dad had State Farm Insurance and AAA. When I started driving I got State Farm Insurance too. I asked my Mom why Dad was paying for the terrible AAA service, since he only ever used them for towing, when he has towing and roadside service on his State Farm. She never realized it, because she never really knew what my Dad's car insurance covered. So, she check and by golly, he was paying AAA for nothing...so they canceled it. I mentioned this to several of my co-workers who complained about AAA as well and when they checked, they found out their auto insurance also had towing and roadside service, so they too, canceled AAA.

541Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 22 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:47 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Good idea! I'll check with our agent. Say, that's a pretty foxy gal you've got on the banner! She kinda looks high-maintenence, though. I'll bet she moves to Manhattan when she grows up!

542Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 22 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:03 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

I think a little Elf came along during the night and did a Banner Bomb! Thank you little Elf!

Happy Valentine's Day to all!

543Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 22 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:46 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

And happy Valentines Day to you, as well! It was a nice one here. We just did cards and then settled in for a quiet evening of watching some olympics and munching on some chocolates (which I swore I wouldn't get, but did anyway-and some flowers & a ballon, too, just for the heck of it!)

544Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 22 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:25 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

I'm so glad Valentine's Day is over! That's ALL they talked about on Fox8 ALL DAY, over and over and over. Of course they had to have a wedding on their morning show and still today they are talking about it. We don't know that couple so...well...who cares? Hundreds of people probably go married yesterday. Fox8 carries so called NEWS 12 hours out of the 24 hour day...same stories over and over and over...WHY do we need that? Oh yeah...we DON'T!

545Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 22 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:01 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

It's pretty much the same with all the "news" stations. A bunch of absolutely useless garbage, over and over, with news-speakers making faces and pretending they are important journalists. Exciting stories like, "Cat saves mice from trash can fire! Lauded as a Hero!", or, "One armed dwarfs get married after meeting in hospital following circus lion accident! " Yep, all the snews, all the time. It won't be long before Honey Boo-Boo gets her chance to be a heroic news-blabber.

546Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 22 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:23 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

It used to be the NEWS had headlines at the top of the hour, sports at 20 past the hour and weather the last five minutes...It would be aired maybe 7 or 8am, noon, 6pm then 11pm. During the morning hours there would be gameshows and the afternoon would have soap operas. Now, it's all court shows, so called talk shows...I mean, how many shows can they possible air for a bunch of skanks to find out who out of 25 men happens to be the Father of their kids? Then, there's Pregnant at 16, I'm Pregnant and So is my teenage daughter, Teen Moms...it's no wonder kids grow up the way they do now. And EVERY show has half nakked people rolling around in bed together. This is why I've turned to the old shows of yesteryear.

547Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 22 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:38 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

There is an uncommon lack of common sense these days. I like the older shows, too. The people on them were actual actors and not dumba**es off the street. Reality shows are a real bargain for networks, though. You hardly pay anything, the content can be so lousy a chimpanzee would turn the channel and there are more and more dopes to eagerly watch it.

548Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 22 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:07 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

The heck with you being Sheriff of Basherville, you should be President of the United States! I'd vote for you!

549Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 22 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:51 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Now that is a job I'd never apply for! No privacy, endless frustration, getting really old quickly...power like that will just eat a person up, one way or another. Sometimes just being an average type human is the best way to have a pretty nice, happy life!

550Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 22 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:57 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Speaking of contentment, it's still cool outside, but no ice or snow fall. I can see the street! And, yesterday a Robin showed up at the bird feeder!

Plus, there's still enough snow so that people that want to can still walk in it with their bare feet, if they'd like!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 38]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum