Banter w/ Basher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. ~Confucius

Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! !

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rants and Pet Peeves

+7
Anna Molly
Pizzathehut
dark_shadow
Huckleberry
2B84
DebtorBasher
onlooker
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 38]

251Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 11 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:43 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I do tend to go a bit faster when I'm driving the Porshe, of course...

252Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 11 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:52 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Pet Peeves for today...these stupid shows that think it's a good thing to play music over people talking...ALL THE TIME!!! AND shows that have only ONE camera and keeps 'swaying' it back and forth, back and forth, up and down, up and down until ya get seasick trying to watch the stupid show with music playing over the people talking....
"Good Day Cleveland", was the topic of my Peeves today...but so many other shows are guilty as well.

253Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 11 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:10 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I couldn't agree with you more! My wife watches that 'Ghost Hunters' show and they do that damn music/sound effect crap throughout the show. They also swing the camera all over the place and flash it to one place then another. The net effect on me is it gives me a headache. Of course, their kindergarten facial expressions and goofy instruments annoy me, too. If I was a ghost, I'd kill every one of them!

254Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 11 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:10 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Do I even need to mention all that crap the put across the bottom of the TV screen? Advertising future shows by having the characters walking across the screen while trying to watch another show...or sometimes they have all four corners of the screen with crap on them and you're lucky if 30% of your screen is cleared enough to even see SOME of the show you're watching!

255Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 11 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:19 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

The key to relaxed TV viewing: A six pack of good beer, popcorn and a DVD movie!

256Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 11 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:27 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

I'm getting to the point where I don't even enjoy watching TV anymore. I've found myself recording the shows of yesteryear...The Odd Couple, Andy Griffith, The Honeymooners...those where shows you weren't embarrassed to watch as a family. Some of the shows today, I find embarrassing to watch with my Dad.

257Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 11 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:14 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Ok, so I learned something today that I found very disappointing while watching Modern Marvels.

I found out that the Trans Am car that I used to think was SOOOOO cool with that big Eagle on it wasn't even an Eagle. It was a SCREAMING CHICKEN!!! A SCREAMING CHICKEN!!!!!!!A SCREAMING CHICKEN I TELL YA!!!

Why would anyone want to drive around with a CHICKEN painted on their car??? Now, all those guys I used to think was so cool driving a TransAM...uhh...not so cool anymore. I'mma NOT gonna marry them!!!

I guess they called it the Screaming Chicken because of the way the guy grabbed a hold of that stick shift and choked it! LOL!

258Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 11 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:39 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I don't know. My preference was a Torino with a 428, but that was a tad before your time!

259Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 11 Empty ... Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:48 am

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

DebtorBasher wrote:I'm getting to the point where I don't even enjoy watching TV anymore. I've found myself recording the shows of yesteryear...The Odd Couple, Andy Griffith, The Honeymooners...those where shows you weren't embarrassed to watch as a family. Some of the shows today, I find embarrassing to watch with my Dad.

You forgot to mention "The Brady Bunch"

http://www.uberpeople.net

260Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 11 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:03 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

I actually had the Brady Bunch on the other day...but quickly changed the channel when my Dad walked into the room. He wouldn't care, but I know he wouldn't enjoy it...LOL.

261Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 11 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:12 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I used to dream about Marcia Brady. Would that be a hot date, or what! Then when I got older, I read about all her problems and odd behaviour. The whole young man's dream. Right out the window. You just can't trust anything on TV anymore!

262Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 11 Empty hydekelso Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:14 pm

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

DebtorBasher wrote:I actually had the Brady Bunch on the other day...but quickly changed the channel when my Dad walked into the room. He wouldn't care, but I know he wouldn't enjoy it...LOL.

You should have told him it's the 70's version of "Father Knows Best".

263Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 11 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:19 pm

ript

ript
Basherville Jester
Basherville Jester

Update to my Valentine's Day peevish rant:

My accuser posted a retraction today -

"ATTENTION *blank* (*blank* would be me) NEVER sent me any sexual messages. I posted that as a *bleeping* JOKE and people shouldnt take things so seriously. no wonder I left this place, you guys are a bunch of square *bleeps* who dont understand when someone is joking or telling the truth."

Vindicated!
I don't need any help enhancing sullying my reputation. I'm quite capable of doing that myself!

264Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 11 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:42 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Ya kicked some butt, Ript! And I prefer people with sullied reputations. People with good reputations are boring and don't know how to have fun!

265Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 11 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:50 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Useless trivia: 'Betty' (Elinor Donahue), the eldest daughter in "Father Knows Best", now resides in Tacoma, Washington. Isn't that in your neck of the woods, Ript?

266Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 11 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:48 am

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

AlainM3C wrote:Ya kicked some butt, Ript! And I prefer people with sullied reputations. People with good reputations are boring and don't know how to have fun!

reminds of a billy joel songs that would rather 'laugh with the sinners then cry with saints"

267Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 11 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:53 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Good advice!

268Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 11 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:56 am

ript

ript
Basherville Jester
Basherville Jester

AlainM3C wrote:Ya kicked some butt, Ript! And I prefer people with sullied reputations. People with good reputations are boring and don't know how to have fun!

Lesson learned - Though it may be acceptable to lie to a woman and admirable to lie for a woman, it is never alright to lie about a woman.

Class dismissed.

269Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 11 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:59 pm

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

ript wrote:

Lesson learned - Though it may be acceptable to lie to a woman and admirable to lie for a woman, it is never alright to lie about a woman.

Class dismissed.

David Lee Roth couldn't agree more. (SIT Down WALDO)!

270Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 11 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:27 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

So, don't ask me no questions
And I won't tell you no lies
-Lynryd Skynryd

271Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 11 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:44 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Minor rant for today: Wait, Mamma Nature, I don't mind snow, but not on Wednesday! We have our tax appointment to go to!

272Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 11 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:25 pm

ript

ript
Basherville Jester
Basherville Jester

AlainM3C wrote:Useless trivia: 'Betty' (Elinor Donahue), the eldest daughter in "Father Knows Best", now resides in Tacoma, Washington. Isn't that in your neck of the woods, Ript?

It's a stone's throw away as the crow flies.

273Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 11 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:35 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I have to get out there one of these days. You've got some beautiful country in the Northwest and I have a few friends I could freeload...I mean visit in the area!

274Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 11 Empty hydekelso Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:46 am

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

The the word/phrase "what-ever" is used sometimes. I have more respect for swear words etc then this.

275Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 11 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:23 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

"Yeah, right?" GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
Also, when people are talking and instead of just saying what they want to say...they do it in the form of self-questioning and self-replies.

Did I complain about this before? Yes, I have.
Did it stop people from doing it? No, it didn't.
Will this post stop anyone from doing it in the future? No, it won't.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 38]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum