Banter w/ Basher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. ~Confucius

Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! !

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rants and Pet Peeves

+7
Anna Molly
Pizzathehut
dark_shadow
Huckleberry
2B84
DebtorBasher
onlooker
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 38  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 38]

401Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 17 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:24 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

No special plans here either...just doing what I do best...nothing!

402Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 17 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:00 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Doing nothing is a worthy goal!

403Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 17 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:57 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

I figure, if I don't make any plans...then I can't be disappointed if things doesn't go as planned. Right? Of course I'm right...I'm The Basher!!!

404Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 17 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:55 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Planning is much over rated! When we were on the ship, our goup of friends kept trying to make daily plans. We pretty much ignored it and just did what we felt like doing. It was fun to watch them all try and figure out what they were going to do each day. Like watching a herd of cats being led by too many Shelties. Lots of barking, no movement and general chaos. In the end, we usually found them happily joining us where ever we happened to plunk ourselves.

405Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 17 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:11 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

That's what we did in London. No plans, just see where the wind blew us and made the best of it. We actually ended up joining the Hare Krishna's parade through London and having lunch with them. That would never have happened if we planned it. We just seen two Krishna people walking down the street and we just started talking with them and they invited us to their Temple...kind of a 'take us to your leader' kinda thing. Once there, they talked about their parade and there we went. I got to walk along side with their Holy cow! Holy cow...who'dda thunk it???

406Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 17 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:49 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Now that is a unique experience! I have never heard of someone getting to do lunch in London with the Hairy Krishnas. I remember in the 70's those guys were all over the airports. I wondered if they were still around! Never knew they had Holy Cows, either.

407Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 17 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:35 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

I remember being DownTown, shopping with my Mom. When they approached her...selling fake flowers or whatever, she yelled at them, 'Why don't you go home and put some pants on like a man?'...and she didn't buy any flowers from them either...LOL.  I called her from London and said, 'Guess what I did today?' she asked, 'What?'...'I joined the Hare Krishnas!'...she said, 'Then don't come home, you know what I told them'...LOL! I thought that was funny. She was just joking...at least, I think she was!

408Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 17 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:14 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

The Hairy Krishnas I encountered in yesteryear were kind of noisy and obnoxious, but they were harmless, clueless types. They had to wear those sheets instead of pants because that's all they had after giving all their 'worldly goods' to the head Hairy Krishy! I'll bet a lot of those that hung around London back in the 70' & 80's (as well as the ones that panhandled in the airports here) are retired shop keepers, city sanitation employees and managers at health food stores nowadays. Or they got jobs with social services.

409Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 17 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:49 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Remember, I'm ONLY 28 years old, so I wouldn't know what it was like in London in the 70's and 80's.

410Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 17 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:22 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Well, it was foggy, everyone there (including the Hairy Krishys) cursed the French and the beer tasted lousy because it was as warm as panther pi**--pretty much like it is today!

411Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 17 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:24 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Seriously, I wouldn't know. The last time I was there we were trying to decide what to do with the Kaiser now that he'd surrendered!

412Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 17 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:54 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

My pet peeve today...People who overuse the term, 'Go big or go home'...when I say overuse, I mean even if they just say it once. I think these shows gives these tag line to people to use because it's odd that all of a sudden, EVERYONE is saying it!

413Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 17 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:43 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I haven't heard that one yet, but I'm sure it'll come this way. It sounds like one of those things they'd say on one of those dumbarse reality shows!

414Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 17 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:36 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Yes, on those food challenge shows, mostly.

415Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 17 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:22 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Ah, like that 'Man vs. Food' thing. Those shows have lots of things I'd be happy to eat, but in considerably smaller portions!

416Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 17 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:14 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

My rant for today: Blubbermouths who run to the reporters to tell them "What they seen" at an accident, fire, crime scene, etc. Why is it you people haven't bathed in 10 days, have never seen a dentist and speak a language that doesn't seem to be related to English?

417Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 17 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:34 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Why? For their 15 minutes of fame, that's why!

418Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 17 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:41 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Something about a camera that makes people go apeshot. I did see one the other day, though, where the reporter shoved a mic at a guy who's house had burned down and the guy just looked at little miss twinkle toes like she was an amoral idiot (which, of course, she is) and walked away. Smart move on his part. From his look, he would have gladly given her and the camera guy a nose job for free!

419Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 17 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:02 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Yeah, reporters cross the line too many times. Someone loses everything they have and they are asked, "How does losing everything make you feel".

420Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 17 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:37 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I always hope something happens to them so their other reporter pals can ask them stupid questions!

421Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 17 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:33 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Pet Peeve for the day:  Waking up to the sound of my upstairs neighbor practicing playing a guitar. Same tune over and over and over and over and over and over and it still doesn't sound any better than his first attempt. What ever happened to, "Practice makes perfect"?

422Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 17 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:43 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Get revenge! Take up the trumpet!!

423Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 17 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:33 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

A better revenge...I"LL SING ALONG!!!

424Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 17 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:55 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

That could backfire! The guitar player might come down and then both of you can roast marshmallows and sing "Kumbaya". Your Dad would be just thrilled!

425Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 17 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:25 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Yeah...that might not be such a good idea. Maybe I'll put some Limburger cheese inside his guitar...then he won't go near it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 38]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum