Banter w/ Basher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. ~Confucius

Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! !

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rants and Pet Peeves

+7
Anna Molly
Pizzathehut
dark_shadow
Huckleberry
2B84
DebtorBasher
onlooker
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 38  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 38]

651Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 27 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:19 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Just a musing here. Why is it that if a car has a bad muffler the police give it a ticket, but a motorcycle can be as loud as it wants and never gets a noise citation?

652Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 27 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:17 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

I hate the sound of a motorcycle late, late at night. They should all be arrested for disturbing my beauty sleep.

653Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 27 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:12 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Im no beauty, but they disturb my sleep, too!

654Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 27 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:55 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

My pet peeve...HUMIDITY! I HATE IT! I'm ordering a dehumidifier from Amazon with the gift certificate I just got yesterday from M3C.

655Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 27 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:31 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Those dehumidifiers really work! We use one downstairs and it lowers the temperature of the whole house just by making it dryer! Good investment in your comfort!

656Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 27 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:17 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Reading all the reviews about the heat they throw out scared me away from ordering one. I guess you have to use them WITH and Air conditioner.  I did find an AC with a dehumidifier though. I'm still undecided.

Last edited by DebtorBasher on Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total

657Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 27 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:56 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I could be wrong, but I think most portable/window AC units will act as a dehumidifier on their own.

658Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 27 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:12 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

We have a window AC, but we haven't hooked it up yet. I've had it for 12 years and was hoping to get a new one this year...it's a pain in the BasherButt putting it in the window and out every year. I was looking at those portable ones that doesn't have to go into the window.

659Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 27 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:55 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

The portable ones are okay, but you still need a window to vent the hot air out (They have a flexible tube attached to them, I think). Either way, when summer comes, ya want AC of some sort even if you sleep nakie! By the way, do you sleep nak....naw, never mind! That type of thinking is just naughty...!

660Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 27 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:34 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

I plead the 5th on that one.

Pet Peeve....neighbors who find it necessary to wait until their company is in the hallway to yell....'goodbye! Be careful! We Love you!' only to hear their company's response, ' OK, we will! Goodbye...We love you too!' Can't they say that BEFORE they get into the echoing hallway?

661Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 27 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:20 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

And for all that show, you know when the hosts get back inside their apartment, they say to each other, "I thought they'd never leave!"

662Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 27 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:04 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

LOL....I wish the next time they leave...they take the neighbors with them.

663Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 27 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:03 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Doesn't sound like you're real happy with the neighbors!

664Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 27 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:39 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I just noticed that some obscure American Indian group is trying to get the Redskins to change their name again. Heck, they were complaining about that stuff back in the 60's and 70's when I still lived there. It doesn't matter if you change their name, Geronimo. They still aren't going to a Super Bowl anytime soon!

665Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 27 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:23 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Yeah, we have to hear about it every year with the Cleveland Indians too. Therefore, I'm going to demand that the Fighting Irish name and mascot is changed...I'm Irish and I don't look like that! I'm offended...how dare they!

I remember 'they' tried to stop the 'Tomahawk Chop' at the games too...

666Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 27 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:12 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Yeah, the American Indian Movement tried to make a fuss over the Tomahawk Chop at Braves games and then found out that the styrofoam tomahawks being sold at the games were manufactured by the Cherokee Nation, who promptly told Russell Means and AIM to take a hike since the Cherokees were making a nice profit selling those things. Political Correctness has become a haven for absurd causes!

667Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 27 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:06 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

I did not know that.  I've learned something new today, and I learned it from Alain...whodda thunk it?

Oh...and congrats on your above comment...#666...AND to top it off, you posted it on Friday the 13th!!! I think you've earned another star!

668Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 27 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:20 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Whoa! #666 on Friday the 13th. And I remembered something from the old days (I wouldn't have, but I thought it was really funny to see the Cherokees team up with Ted Turner against AIM!) I guess that makes me some sorta lil' Devil!? Say, my wife wants me to go to Mass today. Maybe I should mention this to the 80 year old priest and see what he thinks about it? Could be fun!

669Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 27 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:21 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Yeah...and don't forget to mention the Full Moon we had too! affraid 
Only in Basherville can you be rewarded with a star for being #666 on a Friday the 13th and a full moon! Congrats!  cheers 

670Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 27 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:16 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Thanks! I didn't go to Mass since I had wash to do instead. I sent my wife to put in a good word for me. Probably just as well. The 80 year old priest gave the Mass and he's a really nice guy. I wouldn't have wanted to confuse or alarm him with talk of triple 6's and Friday the 13th's!

671Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 27 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:51 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Awwww....where's the adventure in you????

672Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 27 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:54 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I left my adventure in my youth, but I still have plenty of mischief left!

673Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 27 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:58 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Ahhhh...you're in Shaker Heights today...swing around here and have some yummy homemade pizza!  Sweet Italian sausage, pepperoni, FRESH mushrooms (no more rubbery canned mushrooms!), black olives, maybe some mild peppers, grated Pecorino Romano and of course, lots of melted mozzerella cheese!

674Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 27 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:30 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I thought the 'Shaker Heights' might get your attention! Actually, I've never been there, but I knew a guy years ago who was from there. He became a lawyer and last I saw of him he was driving around in a vintage Mercedes that looked exactly like Colonel Klink's staff car. That Italian food sounds delicious! Send some up the tree and Stripes and I will wash your car!

675Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 27 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:13 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Ok....my car can sure use a nice washing...I'd be happy if we'd get a nice cool downpour of rain...ahhhhhhhhhhh....that would be so nice. I'd even go out there nakked with a bar of soap and have a nice outdoorsy shower.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 38]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum