Banter w/ Basher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. ~Confucius

Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! !

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rants and Pet Peeves

+7
Anna Molly
Pizzathehut
dark_shadow
Huckleberry
2B84
DebtorBasher
onlooker
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 38  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 38]

351Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 15 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:26 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Yeah, a large branch fell from your tree yesterday...last night, HOURS after the rain had stopped, I heard...Drip, Drip, Drip. I found out water leaked in through my bedroom window AGAIN (It only happened once before when Sandy came ripping through). It was dripping in from the top of the window onto my windowsill. It was like the Chinese water torture all night, drip, drip, drip. I stuffed a bunch of Kleenex on the sill to soften the dripping sound...then I had to lay there hearing, splat, splat, spat...Now, I have the caulking tube out and ready to do my patchwork. Remember a few weeks ago, I told you management was having some guys seal all of our windows from the outside? Well, with the weather we've had, they STILL haven't made it to my windows yet. It's taking them forever to just finish one area across our parking lot. I'm thinking about going over there and telling one of the guys to bring a ladder and do a quick patch up to hold up the leak until they get to our side. Geesh...oh...and at 8:30 this morning, I heard...crackle, crackle, thump! Yup, this time it was a huge tree branch that came down. No high winds or rain, just the branch coming down. It must have been damaged yesterday and just broke off this morning....I didn't see you laying on the ground, so I figured you were still safe up there.

352Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 15 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:47 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I'm always out of my tree (mentally), but physically I'm still here! Sounds like you got it worse than us. Some other areas around here got nailed pretty badly, but we just had some trickles in the basement and that was it. It helps to live on a hill and away from any creeks and such!

353Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 15 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:03 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

We used to live up on a hill in PA...nice view of the small town below us ...oh...and a nice view of the boney piles.

Yeah...y'all didn't know this city slicker knew anything about boney piles, huh? Well, that'll lern ya something about us city folk!!! Razz 

354Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 15 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:18 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

There's a Walmart over in the next borough that's built right on top of an old slag heap and a gob pile across the river that they built condos on!

355Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 15 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:38 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Pet Peeve?  THIS STUPID HOT WEATHER!!! I WANT SNOW AND I WANT IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

356Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 15 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:53 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

The only white stuff coming out of our sky recently has been hail!

357Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 15 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:14 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

AlainM3C wrote:The only white stuff coming out of our sky recently has been hail!

Hey! I'll take some of that!

358Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 15 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:15 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

The weather Shamans say it may cool off by Saturday!

359Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 15 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:36 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Yeah...it's supposed to get down into the 50's during the night, this weekend...Man-O-Man, this is the Loooooooooooooooooooooongest week ever!

360Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 15 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:57 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

This week must be like winning the lottery for people who either know how to fix air conditioners or sell them!

361Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 15 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:57 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

I wish someone would invent a QUIET air conditioner so I can put one in my bedroom window. Ahhhh...that would be soooo nice. I'd put it on high and crawl under my blankie!

362Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 15 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:51 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Our air conditioners have been on high for over a week now, all day/night. We don't notice the one in the bedroom since we both snore (and so does the cat)!

363Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 15 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:34 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

The air is relatively dry, the temperature is cool and the sun (when it rises) will be shining. Today will be a good day to do very little except read a good book in a lounge chair in the backyard!

364Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 15 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:55 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Yeah, you sit out there relaxing and reading your book....then THIS comes along! LOL!!!

Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 15 1000216_593047387384808_105708647_n

365Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 15 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:14 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Looks like a member of the Pennsylvania State Legislature or possibly Pittsburgh's boy-mayor after a party!

366Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 15 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:16 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

It would be really fun to let this little fella loose near a nuclear power plant!

367Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 15 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Oh Oh! Alain's getting that crazy look in his eyes!!!

368Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 15 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:20 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Crazy? No. Somewhat reality challenged is the politically correct term!

369Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 15 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:03 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

PC is banned in Basherville!

370Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 15 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:19 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

PC should be banned everywhere!

371Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 15 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:59 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Paula Deen agrees!!!

372Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 15 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:07 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

LOL! Those who live by the PC-TV die by the PC-TV!

373Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 15 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:10 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

My 'rant' for today: The very nice dentist who tries hard not to poke too much with that instrument that makes a high-pitched whirring sound, but just can't avoid it. Ouch! Thank goodness for extra-strength Tylenol!

374Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 15 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:07 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Alain...you're sounding like an Anti-Denti ! ! !

How about that vibrating instrument? No...not THAT one, Alain! I'm talking about the one the Dentist uses, it vibrates your entire head and everything that is attached to it.

375Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 15 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:17 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Aw, the dentist is a nice fellow and he does make sure that my teeth stay where they belong, so I'm not really upset with him. However, all those whirring and vibrating stainless steel tools do make a shot of whiskey or two (when I get home, of course!) after the visit quite welcome!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 38]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum