Banter w/ Basher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. ~Confucius

Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! !

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rants and Pet Peeves

+7
Anna Molly
Pizzathehut
dark_shadow
Huckleberry
2B84
DebtorBasher
onlooker
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 38  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 38]

776Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 32 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:17 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Yeah, I have his Email...but I don't have a secretary to send it for me!

777Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 32 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:19 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

A secretary!? Do they even exist anymore? I thought they'd been replaced by computer programs like Siri or something.

778Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 32 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:21 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I've got no rants today. We had snow, but the plows were out last night and all the roads are clear. I'd hate to be on the east coast, though. I don't think their roads will be very good today.

779Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 32 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:53 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Being that Basherville really doesn't have a lot of streets, so it doesn't take you very long to patrol them...I'm going to put you in charge of plowing the streets as well.

780Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 32 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:37 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Being as all I have is a snow shovel, that plowing could take a while! I was lucky yesterday. My neighbor has a snow blower so that saved me from having to do the sidewalks. We got 8 inches and it seemed that everytime I shoveled off the walkways it would start snowing again. Ah well, that's what happens in January! Unless we move to say, Bermuda, which is pretty tempting right now.

781Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 32 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:57 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

We didn't get much snow, just enough to brush off the cars. Sad

782Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 32 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:14 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Winter isn't over. I'm sure you'll get some more snow soon! Very Happy

783Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 32 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:59 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I did some figuring this morning. It's minus 9 here and minus 6 in Cleveland, but if you add them together:
(-9) + (-6) = +15
So that's not such a cold temperature. Shoot, The Weather Channel ought to sign me up as their expert weather math guy!

I could also come up with better names for their snowstorms, like "Ralph", "Poindexter", "Maybelle"...I can see it now, "Look out for winter storm "Maybelle"! She's a real B****!"

784Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 32 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:03 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

"B****" stands for 'bingo', of course...

785Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 32 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:36 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

I thought 'B' stood for Beagle...who happened to win the Westminster Dog Show. No surprise there!

I'm surprised they don't name the moon, every time it's a New Moon.

786Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 32 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:21 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I didn't know a Beagle took Westminster! Good choice. Our Beagle must be proud. I wonder what he's been up to lately? Also, I haven't heard anything from Old Fart in ages.

787Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 32 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:33 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Yeah...good ol' Snoopy did it!

788Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 32 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:18 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Beagles are excellent for squirrel control. A friend of mine had one when I was growing up. Squirrels didn't dare go into his yard. Even if they made it to a tree, that dog would sit there baying at them until they were ready to drop to the ground in exhaustion!

789Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 32 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:04 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

How are they with skunks?

790Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 32 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:27 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

No dog, whether they are large or small, does well with skunks!! I've seen and smelled a few that have tried, and the skunk always won!

791Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 32 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:44 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Well, those little stinkers!  A co-worker from NCO had a pet skunk and she brought it into work one day. I just fell in love with that little rascal!  I carried it around in my arms like a little baby. It's hair isn't as soft as I thought it would be, it was a bit wirery or dry.  Of course, it was de-skunked!

792Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 32 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:30 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Skunks can make good pets. They have to be descented early, though, or they can get frustrated about not being able to spray and then they may bite. My parents had a skunk like that and they had to give him to the Toronto Zoo when my brother was born. In hindsight, my dad would rather they'd given my brother to the zoo and kept the skunk!

793Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 32 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:24 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

LOL! Well, a skunk will always be a little stinker...a baby grows up to be a big stinker!

794Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 32 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:40 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Actually, I gotta admit, now that my older brothers are older for real, they're pretty nice guys! Of course, we live in different states so that probably makes us much friendlier with each other!

795Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 32 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Tue May 19, 2015 12:56 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

i was just out checking the wife's new car. Cripes, they've got more gizmos and buttons that we will never use than I'd have thought possible. And their 'On Star' service wants a credit card # or a bank account # from us so they can "conveniently" provide seamless service "if we decide to sign up"? Forget that. After the free trial, we'll just stick with AAA and you can have the talking dashboard back.

796Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 32 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu May 21, 2015 3:47 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

What kind of car did she get? My niece has OnStar and I was going to use my 'Check Engine Light' reader meter thingies...that our Pirate so highly recommended...thanks again Mr. Pirate! But, we couldn't find out where to plug the thing in...on my car, it plugs in under the steering wheel. In her car, we looked all through the car and couldn't find the place. So, she said to ask for assistance on OnStar...OnStar said they 'weren't allowed' to tell us! It's been about two years and we STILL don't know!

797Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 32 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Thu May 21, 2015 7:08 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

She got an Impala Limited. So far, the car itself is nice. She's figured out where a lot of the thingys are and what they do. I still drive an old '99 Honda Accord which, though old, only has 66,000 miles on it (good for city driving since I don't care if some fool dents it which happens at least once a year in a parking lot or something). I'm still learning her car. I'll ask and see what she can tell me. What model of car is your neice's?

798Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 32 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Fri May 22, 2015 10:31 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

I forgot what kind she has...but I do know it has four tires and a steering wheel.

On Monday, the 11th, I called the garage where I always take my car to make an appointment. I told them I have a puddle of water that won't dry up on the floor in front of the driver's side and front of the passenger side. The girl told me they see that alot and it is the drain hose that gets clogged up. She said it would be best to make an appointment because they have a lot of people bringing in their cars at this time to have their A/C checked. I told her I couldn't bring it in that week because my Dad had some appointments. So, she said to bring it in the next week on Friday at 9:30. I took it there this morning and thought it was odd that the parking lot was empty...it's NEVER empty! I went to go in and found a sign on the door saying they are closed for the holiday weekend! THEY were the one's that made the appointment. But, they've always been great there, I think I could get a bit of a discount for the mix up. Or, at least a free doughnut from them.

799Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 32 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat May 23, 2015 7:31 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

For sure, a free doughnut and a discount! That's not a good way to be treating your customers. I had my sunroof drain clog up last year. The rug in the car got damp and it took me 2 months to get the wet smell out of the car after they fixed it.

800Rants and Pet Peeves - Page 32 Empty Re: Rants and Pet Peeves Sat May 23, 2015 10:54 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

When she told me on the phone that it was the drain tube. I Googled it and found a lot of people have that problem with cars that has sun roofs on them. Do you remember how much it cost to have yours fixed? I'm hoping it's not too much because I need to buy a computer...the refurbished one that I just bought in November crashed when I downloaded Google Earth.

I can't really complain about the mistake with the appointment. They are a family owned and run Mom and Pop garage and they do fantastic work and they never overcharge and they never do work that isn't necessary. In fact, when I was planning on buying a car, they told me to bring it in to them to check it out before I buy it and they wouldn't charge me anything to check it out. So, that's what I did when I bought this Equinox a few years ago and they gave it a good lookie over and didn't charge me for it. In fact, he said he would buy it himself!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 38]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum