Banter w/ Basher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. ~Confucius

Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! ! Welcome To Basherville ! ! !

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's for Lunch

+11
ejack053824
My3cents_Stew
DeanPerkins
Crystal Dawn
TheOldSheriff
ript
onlooker
Hydekelso
Justice74
2B84
PepperElf
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 31]

226What's for Lunch - Page 10 Empty Re: What's for Lunch Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:55 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Lunch today shall consist of 1/2 of a large bright yellow melon.  I don't know what it's called, but it smells sweet and looked interesting in the store.  I have to go back to fruits and veggies for lunch since I consumed a hefty amount of chocolate cake, ice cream and cherry pie over the past week using my Dad's 90th birthday as my excuse.

227What's for Lunch - Page 10 Empty Re: What's for Lunch Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:59 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Lunch today shall consist of 1/2 of a large bright yellow melon.  I don't know what it's called, but it smells sweet and looked interesting in the store.  I have to go back to fruits and veggies for lunch since I consumed a hefty amount of chocolate cake, ice cream and cherry pie over the past week using my Dad's 90th birthday as my excuse.

228What's for Lunch - Page 10 Empty Re: What's for Lunch Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:18 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Happy Belated Birthday To Alain's Dad!!!!

I think you were eating a honey dew melon.  I bought a seedless watermelon yesterday...it was full of seeds.  Stay tuned to M3C for my review!!!

229What's for Lunch - Page 10 Empty Re: What's for Lunch Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:37 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

It turned out to be a casaba, which does taste just like a honey dew. It was on sale for a dollar less than the other melons and at least $18 less than what a navy friend of mine paid for a pair of melons in Italy about 30 years ago! Of course, those melons came with a pair of legs...

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I haven't tried this yet, but I'll let you know if mine turns out the way it looks in the picture. The ingredients are the same as I usually use, but I've always fried my chicken. I never tried baking it with the butter.

Place thawed chicken breast tenderloin strips in a bowl of milk. Let soak for 20-30 min.

Mix in a Gallon Size Ziploc or Large Bowl:
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 T Season All
3/4 tsp Pepper
1 c. Flour
2 tsp. Paprika

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut 1/2 stick of butter into a few pieces and place in a 9x13 pan. Melt butter in pre-heated oven.

Spread melted butter around the bottom of the pan. Lightly spray the pan, if needed, to make sure that there are no dry spots.

Shake excess milk off of chicken and completely coat each piece with the seasoning mix. You can either shake the chicken in the bag, until coated, or dip each piece in the bowl until coated.
Place each piece of chicken in the pan.

Cook for 20 min. Turn each piece of chicken and continue cooking for 20 more minutes, or until cooked through.
ENJOY!

231What's for Lunch - Page 10 Empty Re: What's for Lunch Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:15 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Looks good and sounds good! Saving it to my recipe files.

232What's for Lunch - Page 10 Empty Re: What's for Lunch Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:03 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Well, I just put it into the milk soak...we'll see how it turns out. I'm sure it's going to take more than one cup of flour. I'll probably triple the recipe.  Those look like breast in that picture, not tenders.

Update:

Yup, it really is a good recipe!  I just finished having lunch and it turned out great. I didn't even have to double or triple the recipe.  

Three thumbs up! Go for it!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Funny those look like chicken legs...they were all boneless chicken breasts....LOL!
Go ahead Alain...grab a breast, you KNOW you want to!!!

233What's for Lunch - Page 10 Empty Re: What's for Lunch Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:48 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I do and I will! Breasts look they work better than tenders, but nothing beats a tender breast!

234What's for Lunch - Page 10 Empty Re: What's for Lunch Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:39 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

OUCH! *SLAP* HEY! I meant for you to grab a CHICKEN breast!!!
Where's your wife and her fry pan when I need her????

235What's for Lunch - Page 10 Empty Re: What's for Lunch Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:36 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

OW!---apparently, she's right behind me...
oops...

236What's for Lunch - Page 10 Empty ..... Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:07 pm

Hydekelso

Hydekelso
Deputy
Deputy

parogies are excellent!!!

http://www.uberpeople.net

237What's for Lunch - Page 10 Empty Re: What's for Lunch Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:09 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

They are! My favourites are jalpeno and cheese filled. They go well with chicken, too.

238What's for Lunch - Page 10 Empty Re: What's for Lunch Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:58 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Todays lunch:
crushed ice with a side of ice water.

239What's for Lunch - Page 10 Empty Re: What's for Lunch Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:16 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Today's Lunch:
Spaghetti with my homemade spaghetti sauce that I cooked for 5 hours yesterday and a side of tomatoes and onions in an oil and vinegar toss and some good freshly baked (from Italian market) Italian bread.

Enjoy your ice water, Alain!

240What's for Lunch - Page 10 Empty Re: What's for Lunch Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:15 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Don't close the window or leave a plate by the tree, please!

241What's for Lunch - Page 10 Empty Re: What's for Lunch Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:46 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Would you like a nice cold tall glass of milk with that Alain? Milk is bestest with spaghetti!

242What's for Lunch - Page 10 Empty Re: What's for Lunch Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:30 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Sounds good! Maybe some chianti, too!

243What's for Lunch - Page 10 Empty Re: What's for Lunch Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:20 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

With milk?

244What's for Lunch - Page 10 Empty Re: What's for Lunch Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:07 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

Of course!
Milk for vitamin D and calcium.
Chianti for a healthy and sunny disposition!

245What's for Lunch - Page 10 Empty Re: What's for Lunch Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:36 pm

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

Oh, ok. I knew if anyone would be able to make sense out of that...it would be you.

246What's for Lunch - Page 10 Empty Re: What's for Lunch Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:04 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I didn't think of that myself. I read it in a book I ordered on TV from Telebrands (not sold in any stores!)

247What's for Lunch - Page 10 Empty Re: What's for Lunch Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:24 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

When we were on the cruise, lunch was a selection from the deli, Mediterranean, salad or Asian sections with a stop at the pastry shoppe for desert. Now it's back to fruit or vegetables and watching the weight. The downside of a cruise is taking 3 months to lose what ya gained in a week!

248What's for Lunch - Page 10 Empty Re: What's for Lunch Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:07 am

DebtorBasher

DebtorBasher
Admin

That's why people usually diet BEFORE a cruise...

249What's for Lunch - Page 10 Empty Re: What's for Lunch Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:57 am

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I did, but I consumed more than I had lost. And I'd do it again, too!

250What's for Lunch - Page 10 Empty Re: What's for Lunch Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:58 pm

AlainM3C

AlainM3C
Basherville Sheriff
Basherville Sheriff

I was having some squash and onions for today's lunch and it looked kinda boring. Then I remembered how to make my veggie lunch a happy meal. I dumped a bunch of habanero hot sauce on it and suddenly lunch was a nice bowl of fire. Now that's how to eat vegetables and enjoy it!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 31]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next